Boss CE-2 "mix" question

Effects like Chorus, Phaser, and Flanger, need the dry signal present to work with, to achieve the typical effect. That, and the fact that they default to a 50% mix value, makes it likely that 50% is best for accuracy. However, you can, of coarse, set it anywhere that you like.

50%

Two voice Chorus units with no feedback typically give the deepest effect when the wet and dry signals are at equal levels. 50% mix gives you that. You can cheat it though. Higher that 50% will give you more pitch bend in the sound (100% wet is the equivalent of a vibrato pedal), while less than 50% gives a more subtle effect.

+1 on what @Moke and @mr_fender said. To my ears, 50% yields the closest sound to an actual pedal and amp rig. Although you can set it as you like, some mixes under 50% can yield some nice subtle effects, adding an interesting texture to the sound.

Don't be afraid to experiment with settings lower or even a little higher than 50%.
I have a few CE2s here. Some are more and some are less dramatic. One thing I'll say about the model: like the pedal, I like it best in mono, in front of an amp.

Yeah I sometimes like a little extra pitch warble in my chorus sounds and will crank the mix up to around 60% or so.

Back
Top Bottom