Bose QC15 headphones...wow??!

torkolort

Inspired
Before boarding a long holiday flight as I bought a pair of these headphones that has active noise cancellation. They work extremely well for reducing noise. I figured I'd try them as monitors when I got back home and BOOM. They work A LOT better than my Beyerdynamic DT770 pro! The sound itself is not that different, but the feel is just amazing. I've always felt like I'm lacking gain and that there is way too much fret noise when playing through headphones, as opposed to real monitors. With the QC15 the additional fret noise, which I have no idea where comes from with other headphones, is completely gone. I had to back up the gain A LOT on the patches to normal levels and it sounds really great. It's much easier to play and the tone sustains longer where it with other headphones quickly drowns in noise. It also sounds much better at playback on speakers because I think they make me play different without the need for muting the noise all the time.

But I don't understand. How could this pair, which is made for reducing outside noise, work so much better for monitoring than my studio headphones? They are a lot more expensive, but still. I also noticed that I had to back up the output level a lot on my audio interface from about 3 o clock to 10 o clock. I'm not an expert on these things, but I'm wondering if there could be some incompatibilities with my other headphones like the ohm or something?

Back
Top Bottom