Bose 802 and Ultra

My Ultra is on the way and I am thinking of picking up a set of BOSE 802 full range speakers to use with it
Anybody use this
Luck?
Opinions?
Etc

DSC02514.jpg

most people don't use Bose stuff. I'm not sure that it wouldn't work I think it's more along the lines that for the money you can get much better gear

God I hate those things. When I was working as a engineer I used to dread turning up for gigs and finding these for FOH, very flat and lifeless IMHO. Still, you should try them first, they may be to your tastes. Be sure to check all the drivers work, I once had to do a gig where the PA guy supplied these and more that half of the drivers had blown!

there's some funny thing people came up with for their name, i think it was

B.O.S.E.

Better
Off
Spending
Elsewhere

Blatantly
Overpriced
Sound
Equipment

lol something like that :lol:

I had 5 of those tops, and 4 of the MB4 subs.

Could have been the worst speakers I've ever heard, for the money.

I had the controller...I powered them right....they just did not sound good.

I contemplated suicide because of being forced to work with 802s some time ago. Please, step away from the Bose....

Really, you can't do much worse than Bose "pro audio" gear. You can certainly do a lot better for a lot less money too.

Oh, and that was with more than sufficient power and the official controllers all configured correctly.

D

I'll tell you what - I am glad I posted here
I guess I know why the speakers, controller, covers, stands, etc are only $500
LOL
I will stay away for sure

Sevenstringer said:
I'll tell you what - I am glad I posted here
I guess I know why the speakers, controller, covers, stands, etc are only $500
LOL
I will stay away for sure

They could offer to PAY ME $500 to take them off their hands and I would not do it. Run.

This is one of the great things about forums...

D

Back
Top Bottom