Boost pedal

wesjon

Hey all. I run FM3 in 4 cable method with my amps. I use the micro boost in the drive block for pushing my amp which works well, however, I’d like to try one of my analogue pedals. Where would I put this in the chain? Putting it before the FM3 would mean it’s going through the fx loop which isn’t what I really want, I’d like it in the front of the amp.

Thanks

Great question. Since you have to set the input of the unit to "tickle the red" for the best a/d conversion, a boost pedal before the unit and adding even a few db will cause input clipping. I would add a boost internally (there are many great options inside this amazing box), but maybe there's someone here who knows a way around this. I'll be following this thread. Thanks for asking this question.

I run FM3 in 4 cable method with my amps. Putting it before the FM3 would mean it’s going through the fx loop which isn’t what I really want, I’d like it in the front of the amp.
it shouldn’t mean that if you’re using 4CM.

Just put it in front of the FM3. I run boost pedals into it mine all the time. You can slam the input pretty hard, even being in the red on the input meters, and it won't actually clip (even though that seems counterintutive). It's been engineered very well to handle this sort of situation.

Hey all. I run FM3 in 4 cable method with my amps. I use the micro boost in the drive block for pushing my amp which works well, however, I’d like to try one of my analogue pedals. Where would I put this in the chain? Putting it before the FM3 would mean it’s going through the fx loop which isn’t what I really want, I’d like it in the front of the amp.

Thanks

In 4cm your FM3 is running before and after your amp’s preamp. So the logical place to put the boost would be between the send from the FM3 and the amp’s input.

Just put it in front of the FM3. I run boost pedals into it mine all the time. You can slam the input pretty hard, even being in the red on the input meters, and it won't actually clip (even though that seems counterintutive). It's been engineered very well to handle this sort of situation.
But isn’t OP’s intention to cause clipping, like hammering a preamp with a clean boost?

He means clipping the FM3...
Understood - but “putting the boost in front of the FM3 not clipping the FM3” doesn’t accomplish the OP’s goal of - if I understand it correctly - “having a clean boost clipping the front of his amp that’s in the loop of the FM3”. Which, admittedly, I didn’t express well :)

Back
Top Bottom