Boost for a solo question

claxor

Power User
I know that some people use a boost in front of the amp sim that can be either a clean boost or an eq boost with the mids/higher freq's raised. I like it a lot.

In addition, does anyone ever use an eq AFTER the amp for solos as well? Say a boost with a wide Q between 800 or 2k, for even MORE clarity/definition during solos?

Thanks!

I know that some people use a boost in front of the amp sim that can be either a clean boost or an eq boost with the mids/higher freq's raised. I like it a lot.

In addition, does anyone ever use an eq AFTER the amp for solos as well? Say a boost with a wide Q between 800 or 2k, for even MORE clarity/definition during solos?

Thanks!

I've experimented with cutting bass after the amp with good results.

I basically have clean, crunch and dirty tones that I use for both rhythm and lead, plus a dedicated lead tone with a lot gain. I use a either a flat filter block or a volume block after the amp for a rhythm cut, so my default volume level is my solo level. I don't use any other tone shaping or boosts in front of or after the amp when going from a rhythm tone to a lead one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom