Wish "boomerang" function

When tapping on a scene/preset that is already selected, switch to the previously selected scene/preset (only scenes from the same preset or presets from the same bank, if previous location info not available then nothing happens).

I've built an arduino MIDI footswitch and implemented this function, it's incredibly useful. Just being able to switch to a lead scene/patch for a solo or quick phrase and back to the previous scene/patch tapping again on the same switch is very, very handy, once you get used to it it's hard to get by without it.

And if even I was able to program it you wizards from Fractal can certainly do it blindfolded and with your hands tied behind your backs ;)

A Scene 1/2 Toggle almost accomplishes this.
Very different feature IMHO. The nice thing about the "boomerang" function is that scenes don't need to be pre-programmed; stepping on the footswitch of the scene or patch that's already selected will switch back to the previously selected scene/patch.
So during a song you can toggle between clean and dirty for the verse, and then between lead and dirty for the solo. Your scenes don't need to be in any specific order for this to work, and once you try it it's very intuitive, and in fact a bit addictive.

What you are asking for would be called "SCENE: PREVIOUS" in Fractal Audio parlance. It's been on the wishlist for the MFC, AX8 and FX8 for some time, and was even unofficially on the roadmap at one point, but got bumped for more pressing things.

Curious how this would be more beneficial than stepping on separate buttons to access the desired scene?

Curious how this would be more beneficial than stepping on separate buttons to access the desired scene?
If you have read and understood how it would work and still don't see the value, then I can't help you. It's more useful to people who needs quick tone changes with minimum effort, for instance doubling a phrase on voice and guitar im the middle of a rhythm section, or turning post distortion flanger on/off for Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" intro.

Typically you would use this to make a quick tone change and then revert back. Most useful to not have to move your foot quickly between positions on the unit.

Very useful feature. Many controllers have a similar feature for presets. Called “Backtracking” on the MFC, and “Previous Preset” on RJM’s controllers. FAMC, Axxess, Gordius and Rocktron controllers have this too, I think.

If you have read and understood how it would work and still don't see the value, then I can't help you. It's more useful to people who needs quick tone changes with minimum effort, for instance doubling a phrase on voice and guitar im the middle of a rhythm section, or turning post distortion flanger on/off for Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" intro.

A video illustrating the benefit would be helpful for me. By no means am I attempting to discount or argue against your point - I just don't understand it.

For example, in the example you listed above, why not just step on the flanger button?

A video illustrating the benefit would be helpful for me. By no means am I attempting to discount or argue against your point - I just don't understand it.

For example, in the example you listed above, why not just step on the flanger button?
Extend the example beyond a single effect. What if you need to quickly change to another scene and back?

I get it, and agree it would be helpful. Combined with the ability to custom-label the stomps (using 3 letters), would be killer.

When tapping on a scene/preset that is already selected, switch to the previously selected scene/preset (only scenes from the same preset or presets from the same bank, if previous location info not available then nothing happens).

I've built an arduino MIDI footswitch and implemented this function, it's incredibly useful. Just being able to switch to a lead scene/patch for a solo or quick phrase and back to the previous scene/patch tapping again on the same switch is very, very handy, once you get used to it it's hard to get by without it.

And if even I was able to program it you wizards from Fractal can certainly do it blindfolded and with your hands tied behind your backs ;)
+1, if the Fractal engineers ever have enough bandwidth to implement this.

Back
Top Bottom