Bonamassa sh!tstorm in 3...2...1....

Mr. Bonamassa is one of those guys who's considered a guitarist's guitarist. A powerful player who knows how to put expression into his instrument. Blues-driven rock. Stuff like this...

That was totally BAD A$$!! Never saw that clip of Joe. The world needs more guitar slingers that can pull off some jams like that.

He's been a better guitarist then 99% of players since he was freakin' 13 years old!

That was an incredibly well done interview. I wish more local news stations prioritized interesting/inspiring stories such as JB instead of showing what's wrong in the world.

Reactions: ALE
Cyber Ferret over at TGP reports a reply from JB himself. Seems legit.

"The fractal is too complicated for me... Joe B"

Hmm.. touring with a truckload of fickle vintage tweeds, keeping them all maintained, tubed, biased, having spare amps\parts and a tech ready to deal with inevitable amp failures that must happen often since you need to crank the hell out of them every night to get 'that' tone.

Maybe it's just me, but that all seems pretty complicated. Hell, just having to multi-mic speakers and always put up that plexiglass screen to keep people from going deaf in the beam zone seems overly complicated to me.

Joe is awesome though, we need guys like him to keep waving the vintage flag. I love and respect how he has, what, 6 or 7 very valuable 59 Bursts and he TOURS them.. thus making them even MORE valuable. Smart... as long as he has good insurance :)

Wow!

There's some sense of humour deficit amongst some here.

Joe's playing London and we got together for a "cork sniffing" day. Lots of old guitars and amps. A fun day, amongst friends, nothing more. I supplied the amps and a few guitars, and took the FX because it was at the opposite end of the technology spectrum from everything else in the room, where nothing was newer than 1967. Joe bought a couple of his touring 'bursts along. The photo is from Joe helping me load out......which tells you something in itself about there being no rock-star BS.

He doesn't own an Axe FX. His rig is vintage Gibson into vintage tweed Fender. No endorsements from either company.......he simply uses what he likes. We played around with the Axe, but I'll leave that for another day. It certainly caught Mike Hickey's attention, Joe's guitar tech.

As for people having "issues" with the comment. Let me put you straight. Joe's an honest, down to earth, nice guy. Not many around like that. He's a hell of a player, and a better person than he is a player. So, read his comment any way you want, but those are the facts.

Anyway, here's what the day was really all about.

"bursts.......'58, '60 and '59:

With '58 double cut Jnr and '56 TV Jnr.......(which weights a mere 6lb 4oz).

A few old Marshalls.

Couldn't find any new ones, so these had to do.

My early '60 dot.

Early '52 Tele goodness.

PEACE

Thanks for Sharing London John. What bugs me isn't JB's comment. More so this fuels the tube snobs more and more to bash a unit they've never used. I have to stand up to guys who are still basing their opinions on one local guitarist who tried an ultra 5 years ago. Its ridiculous to compare now. Anywho, I was a tube snob and using the axe for fx I learned how awesome the amp modeling was getting. I still want to buy/make an empty head chasis, either marshall or what not and place on top of my rack. Fool them guys :)

Ok. I guess I just would have expected a comment or two from someone on the 7-figure collection of amazing vintage guitars and amps in that room.

I get that some guys aren't impressed, or maybe prefer to show disdain in the face of what could be interpreted as showing off. But personally... I'd have hacked off me left bollock for a chance to hang out with those guys that day.

Really appreciate your posting John!

Back
Top Bottom