Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer: FW18 + Cab Pack 9

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

Freidman HBE with everything on noon. Two single mics blended together from Cab Pack 9. (It's in Alpha phase so can't name them yet.) It's based on a Bogner™ 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers.

Playing the solo with a GoPro in my picking hand is one of the biggest challenges I've had this year. :lol

T808 is boosting the solo and formant is pretending to be Richie Sambora's mouth.

I have the stems for the recording so I muted guitars and synths so we can hear the guitars better. How does it sound? :)

It's too dark sounding versus the recorded song, IMO.

Definitely! The original guitars are really bright and fits that mix really well. I wasn't really going for that but simply showing how Cab Pack 9 sounds. The cab is known for that bottom end so it would've been a shame to cut it out to be honest. :) If I compare it to other V30 cabs I think it has the best sounding high middle/treble area. It cuts through and is crunchy but doesn't sound like a bee in your ear.

Thank you guys for the compliments! :)

I will definitely be using this cab for all my modern pop rock songs and productions. It's just got "that" commercial American produced hit record sound. (I know it's from Germany... or somewhere from Asia actually) In comparison to f.ex. Cab Pack 7 this has more cut, mids and is crunchy with a cool character. A bit Orange esque maybe? But Orange has a huge amount of low middle frequencies.

Yeah! Where did he fix the damn camera????? His picking fingers are totally fixed from camera view.... pretty cool!

Well that's the hard part really. I'm holding a GoPro in my hand with my pinky, ring and middle finger which means I'm unable to anchor my picking hand to the body with my pinky. It wasn't really a problem for the lower strings since I could do a slight mute with my hand but the solo was really hard. I kept hitting the wrong strings because I had no anchor point and also the GoPro kept hitting the strings in that fast ending lick. I think this was take 7 or something. :lol

I personally don't think it's too dark. I actually really like this one just as it is and will likely get it because I too really like the Bogner cabs. Great job on the pick cam! Very creative.

Clark, can you post this preset? I just stumbled on this thread.... I really like it and the talk box sim sounds as good as its gonna get with the formant.Is that the XTC sim or some other amp?

Thanks for the compliments guys. I also like that fat sound of the "Euro". It's funny though... to me most other IRs sound dark when compared to the "Euro" but most people are saying that "Euro" sounds darker. Maybe we just have to agree that it's different. :D

I can post the preset if I find it on my Axe-Fx later. :)

Cool, I will keep an eye out for your patch if you find it.
Also cant wait for the cab pack as well.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I also like that fat sound of the "Euro". It's funny though... to me most other IRs sound dark when compared to the "Euro" but most people are saying that "Euro" sounds darker. Maybe we just have to agree that it's different. :D

I can post the preset if I find it on my Axe-Fx later. :)

Don't know about how you guys feel, but what I'm hearing is bon jovi's trak and then a high def guitar put on top of that track. Doesn't seem to fit? or am I just tired?

Back
Top Bottom