Bogus receipt amount to fool wife?

They find out....they ALWAYS find out.

When you sell it in 3 years for the new Fractal FC, and get $350 for it, she'll remember that moment when you showed her a receipt for $100.

Trust me (from a man who paid $2300 for a HK Triamp, sold it for 2k a year later, and was posed the question "So HONEY...that cost you $1100 huh?")

Edit: This is why I do not go into a life of crime...I get caught. Every. Single. Time.

You know, the biggest fear of guitarists is when the wife, after our death, sells the gear for the price we ever fooled her we've paid for it ;)

Last edited:
Trust me (from a man who paid $2300 for a HK Triamp, sold it for 2k a year later, and was posed the question "So HONEY...that cost you $1100 huh?")

You just have to convince her that on certain pieces of gear the price is rising over the years.
Or how do you explain that Les Pauls, which were sold for $300 in 1959, are now changing owners for $250.000 and more??? :D

Man, you guys need to get yourselves a muso wifey.

Around our place, it's usually me going.."WTF do we need another Moog for?!!?!"....

Three words for you guys: separate bank accounts.

The missus and I have three. One joint account for bills and everyday stuff where our paychecks get deposited and we each have our own "fun money" account that gets an equal auto deposit each month from the main account like an allowance. She spends her fun money on whatever she wants and I do the same. No arguing, no hiding.

Gear is gear, but marriage is an institution. Gotta be open about it. My wife knows that GAS is never ending although this Fractal stuff has truly made me less interested in new gear. I remember years ago when I drooled over the Line 6 DT25 amp, my wife's joke was that they'd just come out with a DT26 a year later and it would start all over again. "DT26" has become our inside joke:

My wife knows I save a little bit here and there to get things while selling off old things. Took my 3 years to save up for my PRS and another 3 for the Axe. My conscience is clean and I have great gear and a great marriage.

Back
Top Bottom