Bogner XTC Blue & Red - short clip

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
This came out of a TGP post about Bogner tones.

This is a quick clip of me using my personal tones of the Bogner Blue and Red models for that type of tone the way I dial it and run with it live.

I like a little bit of 'ass' in my tone; but I have a PEQ block at the ready on my MFC that blocks up to 100Hz if it's too much... (it's never too much!) :twisted

Any way, I'll be doing in-depth stuff on all this soon (and sharing presets), but here's a little take on the Blue and Red with me showing a little bit of the dynamics that can be done with just rolling off the guitar's volume and picking softer can do.

The guitar is my PRS Custom 22 with a Duncan JB in the bridge. Recorded direct via USB into Reaper. Only active blocks in the signal path are amp, cab and reverb.

Damn Scott ..., I've never owned any Bogners ( just played a friends from time to time ), but I know you've owned a BUNCH ! And you sure seem to have an ear for how they're suppose to sound !

They're both really nice and juicy ....

They both sound sweet, Scott. I think I prefer the Red by itself, but I can see them both working well in a mix.

Really tasty Scott, which cabs are you using on the second half, would love to see the preset for this :)

Very nice! I've been sick, so today I'm downloading 3.02 and patch building for guitar and bass. Lovin' that tone. It's time to experiment with the Bogner. What cabs do you happen to be using?

Really tasty Scott, which cabs are you using on the second half, would love to see the preset for this :)

Very nice! I've been sick, so today I'm downloading 3.02 and patch building for guitar and bass. Lovin' that tone. It's time to experiment with the Bogner. What cabs do you happen to be using?

Both tones use the same cabs. Panned center, RW G12H-30 w/SM57 & RW G12M-25 w/R121. Proximity is about 4.00. All room settings are off/or at minimum.

That sounds ridiculously cool. Fingers crossed g66 aren't pulling my pudding and my II will be on the way in a few weeks, by which time you'll have hopefully shared the patches - itching to try this stuff out for myself!

Back
Top Bottom