1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Bogner Ecstasy Pre Amp Eq. b1, n, b2

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by Coby, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Coby

Coby
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hello everyone,
    I've searched in the forum and in the Wiki but I've found nothing that explains what is the parameter that I can tweak in the EURO BLUE or RED models to simulate the original pre amp eq. b1, n, b2 or that explains with which of these settings has been done the model. Someone can help me?
    Thank you very much and excuse me if the theme has been debated elsewhere but I've not found it.
    Coby

2. muudrock

muudrock
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Change the bright cap value. In the real amp I believe it's B1=470 N=Bright off, B2=4700 for the gain channels and B1=100, B2=220 for the clean channel.
    The Axe model is based on the 20th anniversary model and those values might be different.

Coby likes this.
  3. FractalAudio

FractalAudio
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

Our reference amp is a a 20th anniversary and N = Bright Off, B1 = 150 pF and B2 = 1000 pF for both channels. The models default to B1. Change the Bright Cap value to 1 nF to emulate B2. Or better yet use your ears to select a value that sounds best.

dr bonkers and Coby like this.
  4. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

As on the real amp, once you turn up Input Drive beyond a certain point, the b(right) switch state doesn't matter much anymore.

FWIW, I keep it off because Drive is always past 6 in my XTC Blue presets. And I like my XTC Red dark.

Coby likes this.
  5. Coby

Coby
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thank you very much for the informations, I couldn't ask more! :)