Bogner 9V Batteries

Sean Ashe

Power User
Yes, Bogner 9Volt Batteries lol!

From the site:

Bogner 9 Volt Alkaline Battery | Sweetwater.com

"The Bogner "Sonic Fuel" 9v alkaline battery delivers wide tonal range and fast dynamic attack to your pedal. When every component in your signal chain affects your tone, you need a Bogner "Sonic Fuel" 9v battery to deliver maximum sonic character. The battery fueling your pedals can be just as critical as choosing the right pick or set of strings. That's why Bogner has decided to unleash this powerful 9v battery on the public. Once available only with Bogner pedals, now you can fuel all your pedals with Bogner "Sonic Fuel." "

I had a big laugh about this, but, what do you think? Are there noticeable differences in the batteries you use?

probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. i'd have to see a lot of data to convince me this is anything but snake oil....

There is nothing that can convince me this is not a silly gimmick.
A higher capacity battery I could understand, but at the end of the day DC power is DC power.

The voltage and internal resistance of a battery types/brands can make a difference in some circuits. Fuzzes are know to be sensitive to battery types.

Of course, that doesn't mean there is a big difference between the Bogner 9V and an Energizer or Duracell.

The voltage and internal resistance of a battery types/brands can make a difference in some circuits. Fuzzes are know to be sensitive to battery types.

Of course, that doesn't mean there is a big difference between the Bogner 9V and an Energizer or Duracell.
This...mostly. Battery type, and the age of the battery, will affect the battery's internal impedence and its output.

Batteries do sag under load, which may or may not sound good, depending on the pedal. Carbon-zinc ("heavy duty") batteries sag more than alkaline batteries. Old batteries sag more than new batteries. But one manufacturer's brand new alkaline battery will perform almost identically to another manufacuter's brand new alkaline battery.

Except that some manufacturers' batteries put out boutique electrons. And that makes all the difference. :)

Last edited:
My old man used to work at a naval shipyard. They had special govt 9 volt batteries. They were dark green....until he peeled off the dark green plastic and there was a Duracell underneath.

I'm not saying Bogner did this, but....I'd love to see where they're made :)

My old man used to work at a naval shipyard. They had special govt 9 volt batteries. They were dark green....until he peeled off the dark green plastic and there was a Duracell underneath.

I'm not saying Bogner did this, but....I'd love to see where they're made :)
It's not likely that Bogner has built a battery-fabrication factory. They're almost certainly rebranded something-or-other.

Back
Top Bottom