Bogner 2x12OS IR's - 3 Speakers - 4 Mics

Seitz333

Hi All,

I did my first IR's today and I think they turned out ok. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Signal Chains
Axe-Fx II --> Fryette 2/90/2 --> Bogner 2x12OS
Mic --> DigiDesign Mbox 2 Pro -->Axe-Fx II

Note - The Fryette 2/90/2 had the voicing turned off, the presence and depth were turned all the way down. Volume was at about 9 o'clock.

Mics used:
Shure SM57 - 1" off the grill, and 1/2" outside the cap edge
Sennheiser e906 - 1" off the grill, and 1/2" outside the cap edge
Peluso R14 - 2" off the grill with the V30, 4" off the grill with J/75/M75, and on the cap edge
Peluso CEMC-6 - 1" off the grill, and 1-1/2" outside the cap edge

Speakers used:
Celestion Vintage 30
Scumback J75
Scumback M75

Download V2 here.

V2 was exported with midi-ox.

Enjoy!

Chuck

Last edited:
Did you test these? Sorry but they sound like my TM....hollow/tunnel sounding. :(
Plus I had to convert them as they loaded with no sound. Are you using V10.02?

Hope you get this sorted, and appreciate you making these.

Last edited:
I'm using V10.02 and I have tested these and they seemed to be ok, this is my first time doing IR's so maybe I'm missing something? I exported them using axe-edit then zipped them up in a zip file. If there is a different/better way to export then post them let me know and I will give it a try. If needed I can redo the IR's although I probably wont put the V30's back in the cab, I will leave it with the J75/M75 mix. I also have access to a Matrix power amp instead of using the Fryette.

When doing the mic placement I tried 4 different positons for each mic and then picked the best sounding.

Would love some more feedback/suggestions.

Chuck

Maybe it's because you used AxeEdit, that they got messed up? That thing is weird at times. Hopefully someone else will check these out as it's possible it's just on my end, hopefully not, but you never know. Maybe try using Midi-ox to export? That's not buggy.

I did notice that the IR's using the Peluso R14 were a bit bassy, so I plan to redo those this afternoon/evening. That can happen when close micing with a ribbon mic. I will post back when the new files are uploaded.

Chuck

I did notice that the IR's using the Peluso R14 were a bit bassy, so I plan to redo those this afternoon/evening. That can happen when close micing with a ribbon mic. I will post back when the new files are uploaded.

Chuck

Before you go through all that work again, just try using Midi-ox to export, that might save you some work.

Ok I just uploaded the V2 of the IR's. Here are the changes:

I used midi-ox to export the IR's from the Axe-Fx, first time using midi-ox so hope I did it right.
The J75 and M75 speakers usign the Peluso R14 mic were redone, I moved the mic to 4" away from the grill to get rid of some of the low end.

Let me know if it helped.

Download link in the OP.

I'm kinda liking the mix of:
J75 - Peluso R14
M75 - SM57

Chuck

Just tried one so far...........NICE job dude!
My fav so far is the M75s. Mixing these with other cabs, sounds great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Great! Iwill take down the V1 link in the OP. Hoping I can get my hands on a few more mics just for comparison.

Chuck

Bump. Do you still have these wav files?

The Bogner 2x12 OS impulse files (.syx) are broken.

And I sent a message to the author of the post a couple months ago.
He has not responded. Here is the message.

-------------------------------------------
Hi Seitz333,
I fixed your broken Bogner 2x12 OS impulses.

I noticed that your .syx files were 20kb (instead of 11kb) and
they did not export into working .WAV files using AxeOmatic so
I FIXED them with a HexEditor. I removed the 9kb at the end
of the files. And now they work properly.

So I have all 12 impulses RE-saved as WAV files and they
sound GREAT! The Scumbacks sound awesome.

If you want I can REPOST them as wav files so that can be imported
into axefx.

Carpenter

-------------- end of message.

I will post them as long as the "Powers that Be" say its OK for me to MODIFY and post someone elses impulses.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind as he has already shared them. I have the collection and they work great, but I can't convert them to wav.

Back
Top Bottom