Bogen HTA-250A mosfett amp !!!!!

frankiev

Experienced
Ive tried the FBT ,too artificial sounding.The Atomic 18 watter , very nice amp in the room feel .Digitech g150 w/turbosound tsc59, very nice but too colored . QSC rmx 1450 w/ turbosound tsc59, not bad but sounds too stiff and sterile and then I found the almighty Bogen .OMG .....awesome with the turbosound tsc59 .Very loud 250watts rms .Sounds smooth and detailed ,although not as clear as my mackie HR824's .Very tube sounding .
Anyone else tried one?

Ever consider the Matrix XT-800? Similar power output and a quarter of the weight. The Bogen is 45 lbs.?

The Bogen is 50lbs . I did consider the Matrix,however its would cost me 700 with shipping and I got the Bogen for 100 at the local swap shop

I'm not a amp engineer, but from my understanding, yes it has mosfet output. Plus, switch-mode power (so much lighter), 250 watts at 8 ohms in stereo.

After hearing the QSC rmx 1450 Im pretty much turned off to ss amps .The QSC is supposed to be a great sounding amp (class A/B) but I didnt like it at all so its was tubes or try a mosfett amp .It weights a ton and its only single channel but its a trade off Im willing to make . Im probably going to use it as the center of a WDW setup .Not sure what amp/speaker setup Ill use for the wet sides Something light and compact .

Back
Top Bottom