BodyRez emulation in FX8?

Rich G.

Experienced
Anyone figure out a way to emulate TC's BodyRez in the FX8?

I'd like to dedicate my FX8 to acoustic gigs since those seem to be the only gigs happening these days. I know I can just go and get the pedal, but I'm trying to down size.

That will be difficult to do without a Cab or Tonematch block available to the FX8

Last edited:
I might start with the preset that came with my FX8 "Acoustic Sim [POST]" which makes an electric sound a bit more like a steel string acoustic.
Some of the combinations of filters/EQs in that preset give a more resonant woody tone.
Maybe start with that and remove/add/tweak to get what you're looking for...

Did some Room EQ Wizard sweep measurements on my TC Electronic Acoustic Play with BodyRez 1 enabled. Everything else was off. Definitely something other than a straight EQ happening in the mid range.

I built a preset in the FX8 with just a single Parametric EQ. I adjusted the EQ to get close to the average of the BodyRez curve. Sonically, I'd call it close enough for live acoustic gigs.
BodyRezEQ.png

Last edited:
From TC's stuff:
"BODYREZ applies a vast amount of pre-configured filters combined with subtle quick compression in order to bring your amplified acoustic tone back to life."

It sounds like you have a rough take on the"vast amount of pre-configured filters" so if you want to tweak it further maybe add some "subtle quick compression" (compressor block) after your filter and see if it gets you closer. You could also put some of your filters before the compressor and some after.

Back
Top Bottom