AFIII Boden + Axe III = Ambient Space Trip

WW Audio

Inspired
2019 was a shit year for me so Santa figured I needed a Strandberg Boden neck thru Trem Trans 6-string. The tonal versatility of these guitars is beyond amazing. While it shreds, djents, chimes and quacks very nicely, it also loves ambient patches. Completely lost track of time noodling about with @Burgs brilliant Starwards patch and wound up with over 14 minutes of floating thru the cosmos. Here's the last 4 and a half minutes of that trip, cycling thru the various scenes in the patch. One track, one take. One guitar. One amp modeler....to rule them all.

Boden Ambience MP3

BodenAxe.jpg

Dude! that was smokin!
Movie sound track material, and very tasty, to say the least.
I heard that little gilmour melody lol.

Keep on keeping on. :)
I really enjoy hearing melodic structures that have tension, with just the right amount of release, at all the right places.

2019 was a shit year for me so Santa figured I needed a Strandberg Boden neck thru Trem Trans 6-string. The tonal versatility of these guitars is beyond amazing. While it shreds, djents, chimes and quacks very nicely, it also loves ambient patches. Completely lost track of time noodling about with @Burgs brilliant Starwards patch and wound up with over 14 minutes of floating thru the cosmos. Here's the last 4 and a half minutes of that trip, cycling thru the various scenes in the patch. One track, one take. One guitar. One amp modeler....to rule them all.

Boden Ambience MP3

View attachment 61825
I have the same guitar. Love it!

They really are amazing. Definitely one of the more versatile guitars I've ever owned in nearly 48 years of playing.

They really are amazing. Definitely one of the more versatile guitars I've ever owned in nearly 48 years of playing.
YES! I have played guitar for over 4 decades, and this is the best instrument I've ever owned. It's a little counterintuitive, because the guitar looks so unusual with the sculpted body, fanned frets, and the multiplane neck profile. And yet, it's incredibly easy to play, and perfectly balanced. The Suhr pickups are amazing. Love love love this guitar!

Sounded really great!

You guys are killing me! I have been looking at that guitar for a couple of months now and then @Sleestak picked one up and pushes me right to the edge with his glowing review and now you, you, YOU pop in and just give that little push. Congrats on the new Boden!!!!

I am ordering one when the next batch becomes available. Damn you guys! :)

Last edited:

Boden Ambience MP3

View attachment 61825
Great tune, BTW!

Sounded really great!

You guys are killing me! I have been looking at that guitar for a couple of months now and then @Sleestak picked one up and pushes me right to the edge with his glowing review and now you, you, YOU pop in and just give that little push. Congrats on the new Boden!!!!

I am ordering one when the next batch becomes available. Damn you guys! :)
I think you're gonna dig it. The fanned frets and contoured neck do take some getting used to, at least they did for me after 4+ decades of playing "regular" shaped necks and frets. Very comfortable though once you get used to it.

Ha! That preset got me, too. I was supposed to be trying a whole bunch of free presets I'd downloaded, and Starwards was first up. I ended up recording an improv bit with it and making a Youtube video out of it....

Nice job on the vid and backing track - I've always had a thing for middle eastern scales but could never integrate them well into my stuff. Really need to spend more time practicing those.

Nice job on the vid and backing track - I've always had a thing for middle eastern scales but could never integrate them well into my stuff. Really need to spend more time practicing those.
Thanks! I shot the photos on the Apache Trail, on the way past Canyon Lake to Tortilla Flat.

I've been noodling around them for a while. I started a project that I had originally intended to be soundtrack music for the movie I was hoping they'd make from Homer Hickam's book "Back To The Moon" back in the late '90s sometime which included a fair amount of this type of middle eastern sounding stuff. No clue how a kid from rural NJ hears stuff like this in his head, but I managed to get some of it out onto "tape".... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom