Bobby Harrison/Brit Floyd Presets now on the AxeChange

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Axe Change -The Official Site for Fractal Audio Presets, Cabs and More

Figured this was a pretty exciting news item for a lot of folks. The amazingly talented guitarist, and Axe user, Mr. Bobby Harrison, has shared a ton of his direct fw19 patches for Floyd cover songs.

Now bear in mind that your own guitar, own playing style and dynamics etc are going to likely give you different results than Bobby, BUT, its super cool to be able to see how he's setting stuff up. Most significantly, is that while he's going for Gilmour's classic tones, he IS NOT always using the same gear as David. Its not just HiWatt with a Big Muff, but, as anyone who's been to a Brit Floyd show can tell you, the tone is 99.9% there.

So pretty important lesson right there about dialing in patches with your ears, and not just trying to match the same amp models, knob settings etc as the artist your trying to emulate.

Massive thanks to Bobby for being so generous and sharing something he worked so hard to create with this community!

Thanks for posting otherwise I may have missed it! I have seen Bobby several times and always been blown away. Sorry to hear he has left Brit Floyd, but hoping he is maybe doing his own project.

Seen them twice now and actually going to see them this Thursday night in Houston. Sad to hear Bobby is no longer with them. Best wishes for his future endeavors.

Bobby Harrison, I you see this, thanks a million:)
Saw you in Ballerup super arena, Denmark back in 2012.
Looking forward to try out your presets, as I'm a big Gilmour fan.
Great spirit to share knowledge and experience...

Last edited:
Got to bump this back to the top... It's such a cool thing that a true Fractal pro user is willing to share his work. It says a lot about the community here.

Anyone else have some of these not working? Some seem to be corrupt. A couple have Cab blocks that are defaulting to 1x6 oval and zero output on a lot of the parameters. I'll try downloading again. The ones that are working sound great with guitar volume rolled off a bit. Very nice indeed!

"Run Like Hell" does not seem to be working for me. Some are overloading the Axe as well, output volume is +7.20 on those patches.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
^ I'm having the same issue. I have an XL.

Then on Keep talking the flanger did the same all zero settings glitch. Hmm wonder what it could be.

Last edited:
No issue here. Most of them were dead-on, minor level lowering on some and voilá. I rehashed an old Coming back to life preset I had, redid the amp and cab and havent been able to stop playing! Lovely.
With the Shineon intro solo patch I just lowered the amp level to avoid a bit of clipping. That one assures hours of enjoyment as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had the same issue

Pauly

Anyone else have some of these not working? Some seem to be corrupt. A couple have Cab blocks that are defaulting to 1x6 oval and zero output on a lot of the parameters. I'll try downloading again. The ones that are working sound great with guitar volume rolled off a bit. Very nice indeed!

I just missed them last night in Pensacola. If they come back, I'm going! definitely got to try these presets.

So I just saw Brit Floyd tonight in Pensacola. I was shocked to not see Bobby but the new guy did a great job. AMAZING SHOW. Haha I had no idea about these presets. I was coming on here to jokingly ask Cliff to add a thumb drive to the next axe fx so I could sneak onstage to "borrow" the patches, then I see this.

Thank you So much for sharing these presets.

Back
Top Bottom