Boaz One - One Modular Guitar. 50 Combinations.

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Greetings Folks,
What are you thoughts on this project/product? YAY or NEY? Will it catch on?

When it comes to guitars I am kinda old fashioned, but I am all for new innovations and wish them good luck.

There's a discussion thread about it here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-boaz-one-modular-guitar.151891/

As for your questions, it will probably not catch on, because guitarists are so arch conservative they haven't discovered fire yet. Or the wheel. If its not technology from the 1950's it sucks. 1960's tech is allowed too, some 70's stuff too, mostly fuzzes, but everyone knows Fender and Gibson got it right from the get go, first try. Everything else is just a step back. I'm sure there will be a few progressive guitar players (And I don't just mean the ones who play complicated s*** on 8 and 9 string guitars that only guitar players like) who look at this with great interest, but just see how many guitar innovations have been made over the decades. We have had plastic guitars, carbon fiber guitars, metal (as in actual metal, not the music) guitars, basically any kind of material guitars, we have had MIDI guitars, guitars with no strings but touchpads instead, robot tuners, you name it, we've had it. The one common theme that always seems to emerge that guitarists continue to gravitate towards the same kind of guitars that have always been. If there's one mystery about Gibson's shenanigans is not that they have gone bankrupt selling expensive poor quality guitars, but that despite all that there were still people who bought these guitars.

Guitar players overall are arch conservative and don't want new things. Yeah, they'll want a new spin on an old thing, like a new color, or something marketed as even more extra special vintage. This time, with truly extra special vintage bridge saddles! But a radical new design like this? It's been done before. And almost always all those companies have disappeared too.

There's a discussion thread about it here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-boaz-one-modular-guitar.151891/

As for your questions, it will probably not catch on, because guitarists are so arch conservative they haven't discovered fire yet. Or the wheel. If its not technology from the 1950's it sucks. 1960's tech is allowed too, some 70's stuff too, mostly fuzzes, but everyone knows Fender and Gibson got it right from the get go, first try. Everything else is just a step back. I'm sure there will be a few progressive guitar players (And I don't just mean the ones who play complicated s*** on 8 and 9 string guitars that only guitar players like) who look at this with great interest, but just see how many guitar innovations have been made over the decades. We have had plastic guitars, carbon fiber guitars, metal (as in actual metal, not the music) guitars, basically any kind of material guitars, we have had MIDI guitars, guitars with no strings but touchpads instead, robot tuners, you name it, we've had it. The one common theme that always seems to emerge that guitarists continue to gravitate towards the same kind of guitars that have always been. If there's one mystery about Gibson's shenanigans is not that they have gone bankrupt selling expensive poor quality guitars, but that despite all that there were still people who bought these guitars.

Guitar players overall are arch conservative and don't want new things. Yeah, they'll want a new spin on an old thing, like a new color, or something marketed as even more extra special vintage. This time, with truly extra special vintage bridge saddles! But a radical new design like this? It's been done before. And almost always all those companies have disappeared too.

Thanks for your input and alert about existing discussion, should have done a search.
I show myself out, as you were, do carry on...

did they? or did they just make what created rock and roll and everyone else just wanted to use what their heros used?

What I said was obviously meant as sarcasm. :smile: The idea that only 1950's tech will do is obviously ludicrous but is unfortunately very widespread and I think it has held back guitar players and made rock sound stale. And most guitarists are way too much concerned with sounding like their heroes. When their heroes actually all tried to find their own unique sound and not sound like each other.

Back
Top Bottom