Bluguitar Amp1

Sonicsam

Inspired
anyone using Amp1 from Bluguitar together with the FX8 ? I just ordered one, it should arrive next week... Seems like the most compact 100w amp I've ever seen... From what I've heard on YouTube it sounds very nice

anyone using Amp1 from Bluguitar together with the FX8 ? I just ordered one, it should arrive next week... Seems like the most compact 100w amp I've ever seen... From what I've heard on YouTube it sounds very nice

Yes I use an bluguitar amp1 with an fx8.
I really like it.
Sounds great, very well thought out design and incredibly portable.
You can tell a player with lots of gigging done designed it because of the functionality.
The cabs that go with it are excellent also.
I got the fat cab and it sounds really big but is very portable.

Thanks for replying. Do you use the midi connection with the FX8 ? Is it easy to program ?

No I just use the effects loop.
I have it on the same pedalboard as the fx8 so the cabling is tidy and you've the 2 channels and boost at your feet.

hi chaps
i have a bluguitar amp1 as well. very impressive piece of kit. 2 questions. have you had any probs with the mini tone controls on the side i.e volume drop out and second question, have you tried channel switching via relay option on fx8? my understanding is its voltage controlled and not relay so not advisable.

hi chaps
i have a bluguitar amp1 as well. very impressive piece of kit. 2 questions. have you had any probs with the mini tone controls on the side i.e volume drop out and second question, have you tried channel switching via relay option on fx8? my understanding is its voltage controlled and not relay so not advisable.

I've had no problems with the mini tone controls so far.
I haven't tried relay switching with it as I use it as a pedal next to the fx8.

ok, first impressions : good sounds, love the vintage channel, not too impressed with the classic channel but need to check with my other guitars.I like the modern channel, still need to play it a bit...

Midi programming is realy easy : you just set the channel, boost and rev, put it in midi learn mode, and fire your preset on the FX8 and it's done!
I also tried the relay but then you can only switch between Clean and one of the other channels and the boost function.
I had no problems with the mini controls.

what's your experience until now with the Amp1 together with the FX8? I am planning to buy one. Very curious

hi chaps
yes i had two units and both developed that problem with the side controls! great sounding units though!

The AMP1 with the FX8 is an amazing combination. Love all the sounds. I do not use the modern channel at all. The cabinet is - as always - a very important part of it all. I have a FATCAB with the original speaker. Great choice if you prefer the vintage sound. I also have a version of this cab with a JENSEN STEALTH 65. A fantastic speaker.

I would recommend using it with MIDI. THE FX8 has great MIDI features. And - by the way - try the BLUBOX. ;-)

Midi programming is realy easy : you just set the channel, boost and rev, put it in midi learn mode, and fire your preset on the FX8 and it's done!
I also tried the relay but then you can only switch between Clean and one of the other channels and the boost function.
I had no problems with the mini controls.

Hi, i have also an Amp1 plus the FX8, but can't access the learn midi mode. I have the Bluguitar Midi Cable connected. When i push the Boost Button for a while, it does not react. Any Ideas? Thanks!

I have the Bluguitaramp1. My question is about speakers. I'd like to plug in two 8 ohm cabs, which would reduce the impedance to 4 ohms(in Parallel ). I'm wondering if I can safely use the 16 ohm out without damaging the amp.

The AMP1 with the FX8 is an amazing combination. Love all the sounds. I do not use the modern channel at all. The cabinet is - as always - a very important part of it all. I have a FATCAB with the original speaker. Great choice if you prefer the vintage sound. I also have a version of this cab with a JENSEN STEALTH 65. A fantastic speaker.

I would recommend using it with MIDI. THE FX8 has great MIDI features. And - by the way - try the BLUBOX. ;-)

So you use the blubox but also use a cabinet? I thought the idea was that the blubox replaces the cabinet...

Back
Top Bottom