Bluesy Strat improv. FW18.12 and new Ownhammer small cabs!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everybody!

I've been a bit out of the loop for a little while but I wanted to make a demo for the latest firmware and new Ownhammer small cabs for you!
I decided to just do a little improv with my Fender american special green stratocaster.
I dialed it in to sound kind of Mayer/SVRish because those are the strat tones that I love.

The chain is simple:

Comp block (to smoothen out the attack of the guitar a bit, strats are so damn dynamic :) )
Drive block (tubescreamer that I only turn on as an extra boost, for the last part of the clip)
Drive block (tubescreamer that is on the whole time to add a bit more girth)
Amp block (Double Verb model with very basic settings, nothing advanced)
Cab block (with three types of new Ownhammer V3 small cabs, the types are listed below)
Reverb block (to add some space)

I used three cab models throughout, these were the ones that I liked best so far for the types of tones.
00.00 - 01.03 Ownhammer B Custom Cabs birch and maple open back 2x10 cabinet with the 1968 8-ohm Jensen C10Q speaker. Raw Modern 05 to be exact.
01.03 - 01.37 Ownhammer Mojotone Narrow Panel Bassman 4x10 cabinet with the 1998 8-ohm Eminence Legend 1028p speaker. Raw Modern 07.
01.37 - the end Ownhammer Mojotone Narrow Panel Deluxe 1x12 cabinet with the 1966 15-ohm Celestion T1221 75-Hz cone "pre-Rola" 20-watt G12M speaker.

Here is the clip:

I also uploaded the preset for you guys.

I hope you guys dig these tones, these new Ownhammer cabs are stellar and I highly recommend checking them out.

ps: I added some Slate Digital processing in cubase to add some warmth and saturation but nothing big.
pps: If you want the preset to sound like the first part of the clip, make sure the first drive is turned off.

Attachments

• Strat bluesy.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 134
I knew I should of started playing,"blues" before,"rock/metal"... well back to turning the mill stone. Maybe these new libraries will encourage me. :D Great playing Jon and the tones speak for themselves. :encouragement:

will be getting those thank you. Ive not scratched the surface on the first packs yet but Ill be snatching those..
Id like to know what mic's Ownhammer used and where they mic'd at these sound fantastic.
I have a different 4 10 to record and would like to know how they approached those cabs..
Great clip thanks for posting & 2nds on the Hendrix...
Ill try this and the Cabs..

I knew I should of started playing,"blues" before,"rock/metal"... well back to turning the mill stone. Maybe these new libraries will encourage me. :D Great playing Jon and the tones speak for themselves. :encouragement:

Thanks!
Playing the blues is actually a lot harder than I used to think.
I also feel like with strats I need to put in a little bit more effort to get it to sound like how I expect it to sound if that makes sense.
It's kind of hard to get things to sound perfect and without sloppy mistakes.
It's a lot of fun though, strats have so much character especially with these Texas special pickups, love them!

Last edited:
All 3 are very nice. I can hear the cab in that 2x10. Crazy. Really nice.

The 4x10 sounds like it should. Exactly.

That single Greenback is really something. Good, mixable tone.

Thanks for sharing the patch! I like seeing how people do things both similar and totally different than how I set patches up.

I don't have the Ownhammer cabs (I do have the older cab pack) but I found it works nicely with the TAF_Fen_MIX_ROOM cab included with the firmware updates. It might be totally different than the Ownhammer sound-wise, but it still sounds great.

It also sounds really good with both the drives off. A nice blooming spanky clean on my Strat's neck PU. Add a rotary block for even more sexy party time.

Thanks!
Playing the blues is actually a lot harder than I used to think.
I also feel like with strats I need to put in a little bit more effort to get it to sound like how I expect it to sound if that makes sense.
It's kind of hard to get things to sound perfect and without sloppy mistakes.
It's a lot of fun though, strats have so much character especially with these Texas special pickups, love them!

I've been all about Strats since I was 16-17 yrs. old and one thing I've learned about Strats other than the character aspect, (which is very important I might add) is they'll show you things about your playing pretty quickly and honestly. IMO the most honest/toughest electric guitar to play. Tough as nails but I love that! Almost like a beat them into submission mentality. They make you work for every bit of it. :-x:lol

I've been all about Strats since I was 16-17 yrs. old and one thing I've learned about Strats other than the character aspect, (which is very important I might add) is they'll show you things about your playing pretty quickly and honestly. IMO the most honest/toughest electric guitar to play. Tough as nails but I love that! Almost like a beat them into submission mentality. They make you work for every bit of it. :-x:lol

Absolutely.. They put up a fight but it's rewarding. Tele's as well, but in a different way.

Back
Top Bottom