Bluesbreakersound - first steps with JTM 45 jump/CabIR PIN 68

Hubi

Experienced
I rebuilt the Amber Spirit of 59 into my Les paul (DC, ´99) and this Pickup really inspires me to get back to a basic sound - Amp, Cab, Reverb - like Clapton in the 60´s or Gary Moore, who didn´t need a lot of effects.

The Pin 68 from CabIR is a great partner for the JTM 45 in the Axe, I prefer the single Mics (here Speaker A E906 Raw 2), it´s got a great sweetspot.

I´ve read about the original Bluesbreakerspeakers - 20W Alnicos, spiral cable, Mics in the middle of the room a very loud amp - things which i can´t simulate.

The last days I´ve learnt a few Blues-Jazzchords an so here´s my try on it - Solo was even a first take, the chords weren´t.....

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

What I´ve forgotten - it´s Marshall Cab from ´68 with 20W Celestions Pre Rola.

And don´t forget about the Pickup (no, I´m not a Betatester for Amber........:D)

Last edited:
great tone and playing. cool old school vibe, i dig it! and thanks for the lead on the cab pack too! getting now...

Thanks for listening! I´m not really a bluesman........but I like it more than any djentsound.......
What´s the lead on the cab pack?

Thanks for listening! I´m not really a bluesman........but I like it more than any djentsound.......
What´s the lead on the cab pack?
didn't mean lead as in solo. i was referring to the info on the cabir cab pack!

ah, ok...........I understand. Yes the info is well done - especially the speakerresonace for each cab. The only company, which gives you such a info - changes a lot the sound and feel of the IR´s, if you got the right frequence!

Back
Top Bottom