• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bluesbreakersound - first steps with JTM 45 jump/CabIR PIN 68

Hubi

Experienced
I rebuilt the Amber Spirit of 59 into my Les paul (DC, ´99) and this Pickup really inspires me to get back to a basic sound - Amp, Cab, Reverb - like Clapton in the 60´s or Gary Moore, who didn´t need a lot of effects.

The Pin 68 from CabIR is a great partner for the JTM 45 in the Axe, I prefer the single Mics (here Speaker A E906 Raw 2), it´s got a great sweetspot.

I´ve read about the original Bluesbreakerspeakers - 20W Alnicos, spiral cable, Mics in the middle of the room a very loud amp - things which i can´t simulate.

The last days I´ve learnt a few Blues-Jazzchords an so here´s my try on it - Solo was even a first take, the chords weren´t.....

Hubi

Experienced
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

What I´ve forgotten - it´s Marshall Cab from ´68 with 20W Celestions Pre Rola.

And don´t forget about the Pickup (no, I´m not a Betatester for Amber........:D)

Last edited:

brianv4

Power User
great tone and playing. cool old school vibe, i dig it! and thanks for the lead on the cab pack too! getting now...

Hubi

Experienced
Thanks for listening! I´m not really a bluesman........but I like it more than any djentsound.......
What´s the lead on the cab pack?

brianv4

Power User
Thanks for listening! I´m not really a bluesman........but I like it more than any djentsound.......
What´s the lead on the cab pack?
didn't mean lead as in solo. i was referring to the info on the cabir cab pack!

Hubi

Experienced
ah, ok...........I understand. Yes the info is well done - especially the speakerresonace for each cab. The only company, which gives you such a info - changes a lot the sound and feel of the IR´s, if you got the right frequence!

Top Bottom