Blues Lovers...

Freddie be da man. Who hasn't 'mocked' him? I wasn't aware until recently he had done this song..... afterwards I caught Bonnamassa's live mocking, which does it some cool justice especially with the horn section and backup singers.

I have that album man anything those guys play is stupid good love it all o_O;)
I've actually determined I prefer JB's live stuff over the studio. I think I realized that when I compared his live rendition of Happier Times (killer, BTW) at the Royal Albert to the studio version. It just seems like he cuts loose more.

Yes Joe is bad to the bone. We got to see him at the Fox in Atlanta several years back his acoustic set was awesome that he started the show with.
He came out and was late starting the show he said his tour bus was repossessed because someone didn’t make the payment lol
And he rocked the house

I liked King's version, and Jeff Beck's cover of "Going Down" really caught my ear, but King's Hideaway, especially Clapton's version of it on the Beano album is so much better in my opinion.

Funny - I was just comparing these two the other day. In the end, I decided I loved them both. Haha.

Saw Freddy open for Grand Funk Railroad here in Baltimore. He was great, but I was probably one of the few people in that audience who was already aware of that. I still try and get that "biting" sound he got. BTW that tour that they did with him led to We're An American Band. You know, "up all night with Freddy King".

Yes Joe is bad to the bone. We got to see him at the Fox in Atlanta several years back his acoustic set was awesome that he started the show with.
He came out and was late starting the show he said his tour bus was repossessed because someone didn’t make the payment lol
And he rocked the house
There was this Discovery Channel reality TV show about repo men repossessing expensive vehicles. And they had one episode where the repossessed a tour bus. Would have been hilarious if it had been his.

There was this Discovery Channel reality TV show about repo men repossessing expensive vehicles. And they had one episode where the repossessed a tour bus. Would have been hilarious if it had been his.
Back in the early '80s my band opened a show in Albuquerque for Badfinger. They had been somewhere in the deep south (Alabama, I think) and had gotten busted for pot possession. The cops had impounded their bus and all the equipment in it. They rented a van and drove to Albuquerque, but had to use our gear and instruments to play the show.

That would be funny. I know it was the last thing we thought about the show starting late but Joe was joking and laughing about the Bus being repossessed and sad he wasn’t going to let us wait anymore
He started the show with A night at the Vienna opera house played every song on the album and Joe Bonamassa played every acoustic guitar he had on stage and there were a bunch.

After that he played a Gibson and just Rocked the House.

The Fox theater in Atlanta is an amazing venue what a memorable show indeed it was.

I don't want to start a separate thread and this thread is title "Blues Lovers", so...

I'm really getting into the 5F8 Tweed amp model. The factory stock preset (of same name) is pretty nice (at least to me). I'm using an ES-335 model. Yek's guide is pretty accurate in describing it. It's pretty dark sounding and breaks up nicely. Any other recommendations for good Blue's tones?

I don't want to start a separate thread and this thread is title "Blues Lovers", so...

I'm really getting into the 5F8 Tweed amp model. The factory stock preset (of same name) is pretty nice (at least to me). I'm using an ES-335 model. Yek's guide is pretty accurate in describing it. It's pretty dark sounding and breaks up nicely. Any other recommendations for good Blue's tones?
Joe Bonamassa's settings for that amp are if you convert to Fractal settings: Volume 8-9, Bass 0, Mids 9, Treble 6-7, Prescence 5. You'll have to pick out different cabs than the default ones most likely. I think Joe used EVM's to handle the volume.

Back
Top Bottom