Blue Screens of Death

Morbid

Inspired
Anyone else experiencing Blue Screens of Death, related to Axe-Edit/The Axe-FX?

I've had 5 of them now, and it only ever happens when I'm messing with the Axe-FX in Axe-Edit, ever since updating to all the latest downloads. I can't intentionally trigger it either.
First time I opened the new Axe-Edit, BSOD.
Turned off the Axe-FX with Axe-Edit still open, BSOD.
Turned off the Axe-FX after using it in Axe-Edit, but having close Axe-Edit first...BSOD.

I've defragmented and done error checks on all of my drives, just to make sure it's not on my end, and nothing was found. Anyone else?

Turned off the Axe-FX after using it in Axe-Edit, but having close Axe-Edit first...BSOD.
Your PC puked when you turned off the Axe-Fx while Axe-Edit wasn't running? You've got system issues. Turning off a USB-connected device shouldn't crash your PC.

I've never seen Axe-Edit 3 crash at all, let alone take the PC with it.

Is the correct USB Driver installed? In the BSOD there should have been a message pointing to the responsible driver.
Eventually de-and reinstall the USB-Driver.

Rex: Normally I'd agree, but everything else is peachy. I'm no stranger to PC Tech support, and I've yet to be able to intentionally replicate the results, and it hasn't happened at all outside of the Axe/Axe-Edit.

Solarfire, everything is up to date and correct, but later on I'll uninstall everything (including axe-edit)and do a reinstall, just in case something went screwy during installation of the updates.

I suspect either the driver, another USB driver, or the USB port itself. The tfact that your PC crashed when you powered down your Axe, at a time when Axe-Edit wasn't running, pretty much takes Axe-Edit out of the equation. But your USB port has been part of the equation in every scenario you listed.

Kruzty, Windows 7.

Rex: I sure hope not. I've been using the same exact port for a long time now without so much as a glitch. If I've got a random onboard port going tits up, I'm going to be paranoid of what's next, lol.

Rex: I sure hope not. I've been using the same exact port for a long time now without so much as a glitch. If I've got a random onboard port going tits up, I'm going to be paranoid of what's next, lol.
Still, you've had repeated crashes, not all of which involved Axe-Edit (which has a record as a very stable application). Something else is going on.

True story Quonsar, lol.

After uninstalling and reinstalling everything, I'm still having major problems. Blue Screen points to "Bad_header_pool".
All I've discovered so far. I'll keep everyone posted

Back
Top Bottom