Blue MoFi Headphones with Axe Fx?

unFILTERed

Power User
I have audio technica atm50 and some other headphones in my studio...and had no headphone which gave me a similar feeling/sound as my frfr speakers (adam a5x). I know that technicaly some tone will be allways missing with headphones...but i was wondering if anyone tried those and what the impressions are?

Ordered on amazon. Not in stock. Long wait for back order. Found a pair at music123 I believe. Bought em and love em. Did not cancel the amazon order. May order third pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome cans. Go for it. Makes a huge difference, particularly with the recent firmware updates and IRs.

I don't know how they would sound muffled.

Too me they excel in two areas; one being the midrange is just really present sounding without being harsh; most cans sound scooped all to hell. The next is how spacious they sound; once again many headphones make you very aware that you have two speakers strapped to your head, these sound really open.

Now I will admit that I only listened to them for music, I don't have my AxeFXII at work, but compared to several other pairs of cans we had floating around the office (all in the $300-400) range the MoFi's were hands down the best. And none of us were complaining about our headphones and still like them for the most part....we just know that there is something better out there now.

That reviewer probably was comparing them to cans that hype the highs and lows, with an exaggerated scoop to the mids (like most consumer headphones). Mo Fis are more like studio reference monitors where they are designed to give you exactly what you put into them. I don't find them at all lacking in highs or lows, they are very, very balanced, and as Shasha pointed out the mids are outstanding. More detail and dimension than any headphones I've ever tried.

I've been listening to mixes I've done and heard things I didn't know were there before, such as elements in a layered synth sound that are buried with other phones. The bass has a clarity that made one of the tracks I recorded with my old bass player sound so good that I almost called him to tell him I never realized how good he played. Every note rang out like I'd never actually heard it before.

For monitoring the Axe-FX II they are the first headphones I've used that really sound right. I've never been satisfied with my high-gain tones through headphones at all. They just never sounded like they do through my studio monitors or XiTone cabs, and while they don't sound exactly the same now, it is pretty close... and definitely a lot better than with my AT M50's, Sony 7506's and whatever model of Sennheiser phones I have laying around.

So, yeah, go for it. I was pretty skeptical about them myself until I tried them. Now I'm really glad I did.

I have some arriving later this week. I'm very excited to get them on my ears after all the great reviews they have been getting. can't wait!

ok my main intention/question is the complex guitar lowend (speaker-string-pick up interference or what ever it is)
my speakers have good low end, my headphones also (when i listen music) but when i play axe through headphones...its far from pleasing, i came to the point where i accepted it as just the truth of cans and guitars. i was thinking / hoping that
maybe its different with the Mofi....any ideas, i think i better give them a try...

note: i am not talking about having heavy bassy guitar tones, i even think and know most times guitar players give engineers way more bass than needed...its just about hearing the same what i hear through my FRFR speakers.

Without volume in the same room as the guitar, you won't get the same feel or quite the same sound. When your guitar us swimming in a pool of its own sound, you will get differences you can hear, even through headphones.

Just got info from my local Keymusic-shop: available in januari! #netherlands
I'm gonna order right away. :)

Just got info from my local Keymusic-shop: available in januari! #netherlands
I'm gonna order right away. :)

Bax said that they would be available in december. Now they postponed it for another 5 weeks.
I ordered from Amazon USA and they arrived within two days. :)

Yek do you hear a huge difference playing axe through them compared to other headphones? Thx

Bax said that they would be available in december. Now they postponed it for another 5 weeks.
I ordered from Amazon USA and they arrived within two days. :)

Yek do you hear a huge difference playing axe through them compared to other headphones? Thx

They sound quite similar to my DT 880s. And are convenient to wear. Which is a huge compliment.
Yes they weigh a lot more, but not annoying.
They are very quiet.

Used with the Axe-Fx everything gets a little better. But not "hyped". Seems a great fit to the Axe-Fx, from clean to hi-gain.

Back
Top Bottom