Blue Ella Headphones

MAYissues

I have the Blue MoFi headphones that I've had for a while and really enjoy using with the Axe Fx. I was seeing if anyone here has the Blue Ella headphones and if they are worth the upgrade/purchasing. I didn't see anything come up in the search with any threads about these headphones. Any help and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd love to hear the Axe FX through a number of different cans.

The OPPO PM-1 (or 2) one of the top 3. Their PM-3 is the one I'll probably get to actually try.

Thanks for pointing me to the Blue Ella though. I'd like to try them out now, too. Hopefully someone can chime in.

The Mo-Fi (now called Sadie?), work very well.

The changes to the Blue line were a little confusing- so i went to blue at namm to check them all out in person-
BUT i left deciding on picking up a set of the SADIE headphones.

I haven't yet though- although I did sell all my other studio headphones already
I've just been using my bose which I always use in the studio for comfort (bose ae2)

I think I might pick up those SONY's that are cheap that Howard Stern has used for decades- I've never seen one come up used or like new- so I'm assuming they're great and everyone loves them/keeps them-

I have Sony MDR-7506's for my regular use studio headphones and Sony MDR-z7 for studio reference headphones. Both great for their intended uses.

I'd also like to know if anyone else here has used the Blue Ella headphones and can compare them to the Blue Mofi.

I love my Mofi's. I don't mind the weight and love the closed design...I want that sonic blast in my face.

Like to hear a review of the Ella's tho.

Edit: Holy crap...$700 clams.

I'll be working on a video and written review in the next couple weeks. Summer travel season is almost over. I haven't had a chance to sit down with them yet. I've been itching as well haha ;)

I'll be interested to hear your review. I have the original Blue MoFis which I guess are equivalent to what they call the Sadie now, although they have been updated and look different. I bought a set of Lolas for my drum room and although they are lighter, I think the foam padding material is cheaper so I actually prefer my original MoFis and those are my primary headphones. They do sound fine. I also have a pair of Focal Spirits in my vocal booth and they sound good, but I prefer the MoFis for fit/comfort.

Back
Top Bottom