Blue Box Effect a la Pat Travers

curious

Experienced
Hey ya'll, the new D/AD (A/DA) flanger and Leon's @2112 posts got me inspired to go back and check out some of the coolest Pat Travers tones I heard growing up. This preset emulates the MXR Blue Box effect on the guitar solo in Off Beat Ride from the Puttin It Straight record. Credit to @2112 who sent me a preset which was really close. The preset attached has some additional tweaks which get closer to the tone on the record. I recommend using a humbucker in neck position and plenty of gain. Enjoy!

Attachments

• MXR BB - JH tweaks.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Hey ya'll, the new D/AD (A/DA) flanger and Leon's @2112 posts got me inspired to go back and check out some of the coolest Pat Travers tones I heard growing up. This preset emulates the MXR Blue Box effect on the guitar solo in Off Beat Ride from the Puttin It Straight record. Credit to @2112 who sent me a preset which was really close. The preset attached has some additional tweaks which get closer to the tone on the record. I recommend using a humbucker in neck position and plenty of gain. Enjoy!

Love this one - very smoooth! in my preset.

Love this one - very smoooth! in my preset.
Thanks. It’s pretty close to the sound Pat uses. I noticed it works best when you play on the 3rd and 4th strings. Also, when I used it at a gig it needed a 3-4db boost to get the sound to cut. My band mates were blown away 😎

Back
Top Bottom