This is my set-up now & I use my MacBook to tweak my presets.
Photo%20Mar%2013%2C%204%2041%2044%20PM.jpg

The white box on the amp is my “Juice Extractor” antenuator for Killing he speaker cab. I’m taking this to my next gig to hear the mains without my cab running. FYI only

I will be running my rig from the side of the stage now & not the back like in the past.
Photo%20Mar%2011%2C%203%2059%2052%20PM.jpg

I want to be more in the PA & here’s a shot from Saturday nights show....

X

Last edited:
Looks great X. I’m kicking myself a little for not jumping on a great deal for a TC50, but I scored a nice Suhr T, so it’s all good.

I’ll be curious to hear how your plan works out for getting more of your rig FOH and not so much as a back line. That’s where my BIGGEST reluctance lies in moving away from my AxeFX XL.

Looks great X. I’m kicking myself a little for not jumping on a great deal for a TC50, but I scored a nice Suhr T, so it’s all good.

I’ll be curious to hear how your plan works out for getting more of your rig FOH and not so much as a back line. That’s where my BIGGEST reluctance lies in moving away from my AxeFX XL.
Thx G!!!

I’ve had a blast the past couple years gear wise! I keep learning new things every day & gig too.

The Mesa TC50 is the perfect amp for me tone wise & has 3-great channels.

I am guilty of not knowing the FX8’s FX blocks as well as I though I did.....& still struggle a bit. But taking notes & testing things out has opened up my eyes a bit.

Changing sound guys and PA’s got me thinking to try this a little differently & March 31st, I’ll find out if I’ve dialed in these new tones a little better & if my cabinet angle & placements helps or not.

I’m taking copies of all of my 48+ cover song presets & removing the drive pedals. I’ve tweaked my amp & really love what I’m getting now. I use each preset as a starting point & I’m stream-lining them this time. I’ve found that some presets use 3-Scenes, but the only difference between 1 & 2 is a chorus pedal or Phaser.....SO.....My bottom row now says “Scene-1, Phaser, Scene-2 (that’s now the solo scene) & Boost”......I’m trying the EQ Block in 5-Band parametric mode......& really listening to what the FX are providing.

In some case I’m turning things off (like a 60ms Delay) & tweaking the Reverb & adding some pre delay & messing with the deeper parameters.

Again, w/ the old presets already saved & having played a lot of shows w/ this set-up.....I’ve got a much better understanding of what I want & need.

Thx for checking-in here.....& I’ll post an update soon....

X
Photo%20Mar%2011%2C%2012%2027%2013%20PM.jpg

Last edited:
This is my set-up now & I use my MacBook to tweak my presets.
Photo%20Mar%2013%2C%204%2041%2044%20PM.jpg

The white box on the amp is my “Juice Extractor” antenuator for Killing he speaker cab. I’m taking this to my next gig to hear the mains without my cab running. FYI only

I will be running my rig from the side of the stage now & not the back like in the past.
Photo%20Mar%2011%2C%203%2059%2052%20PM.jpg

I want to be more in the PA & here’s a shot from Saturday nights show....

X
what happened to the Freidmans?

Lol I have seen it but pics are always welcome
I’m ALL about the gear pics my friend!!! :D
Photo%20Aug%2002%2C%201%2033%2017%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jan%2011%2C%205%2037%2048%20PM.jpg

I could post somthing new that I’m doing every day Guitar or gear wise, but it’s not always 100% Fractal Audio driven.....& I don’t want to bore you guys either! ;)

X

Last edited:
Yo @X-Mann , how fast is the channel switching with the FX? I have a few ram presets that I bounce between on my Axe XL, but there’s a slight lag during the change. Unfortunately, due to CPU usage, I could combine these two settings into one preset with scenes. I’m basically changing from a sparkling clean chorus delay, to a crunchy rhythm and back. I’m thinking using one preset with scenes on the FX8, switching between two channels on the TC-50 and turning on/off whatever effects I need.

Is pulling something like this off pretty seamless, or is there a momentary drop out?

Thanks-

Yo @X-Mann , how fast is the channel switching with the FX? I have a few ram presets that I bounce between on my Axe XL, but there’s a slight lag during the change. Unfortunately, due to CPU usage, I could combine these two settings into one preset with scenes. I’m basically changing from a sparkling clean chorus delay, to a crunchy rhythm and back. I’m thinking using one preset with scenes on the FX8, switching between two channels on the TC-50 and turning on/off whatever effects I need.

Is pulling something like this off pretty seamless, or is there a momentary drop out?

Thanks-
Channel switching lag?

There’s no channel switching lag on the FX8 at all, unless your tube amp already has that.

The Mesa TC50 switches seamlessly w/ the Fractal FX8....As do the Friedman Runt 50 & Carvin Legacy 3.

X

Channel switching lag?

There’s no channel switching lag on the FX8 at all, unless your tube amp already has that.

The Mesa TC50 switches seamlessly w/ the Fractal FX8....As do the Friedman Runt 50 & Carvin Legacy 3.

X
Cool.

It’s not the end of the world on the Axe-FX, but when moving between presets, there is a slight lag while the new amp model, cab and fx loads up. It’s only a hassle when I’m the only instrument playing during song - brief drop out.

Hey X-Mann, my band also plays Hash Pipe. I could not tweak a phase shifter sound for the solo that I liked. I ended up using a flanger instead. Would you post the effect settings you are using for the solo?

Thanks!!!

Hey X-Mann, my band also plays Hash Pipe. I could not tweak a phase shifter sound for the solo that I liked. I ended up using a flanger instead. Would you post the effect settings you are using for the solo?

Thanks!!!
Sure.....I’m away in vacation w/ Mrs X & will be back in town tomorrow (aka Friday). Send me a PM w/ your e-mail address & I’ll send you my preset. Then you can just copy/paste the block into your preset.

Peace! X

Back
Top Bottom