Blooming PayPal and it's EU rulings....

Dixiethedog

Experienced
The other day after a little bit of online chatting I decided to buy a s/h AX8 from Steve from this very forum.
All good, I requested Steve's Paypal detail's so that I could make a payment.
I logged in to Paypal, filled in the detail's, and clicked the send money now button now to suddenly find a pop up on the screen saying basically that because my account is not verified that theres an EU directive that states its against EU laws to send money over a certain amount if you account hasnt been verified. Or I may have misread the info and it may be that you have a spending limit amount on the account with in a given period?
So the payment didnt go thru. I updated my account with a clear photo of a recent bank statement and then a clear photo of my UK driving license.
All done, all boxes ticked 3 day's later Im still waiting for Paypal to allow me to go ahead and make the payment.
I have money in the bank to more than cover the purchase yet now I feel like a complete idiot all because of Paypal.
If you should read this Steve thank's for being so understanding.
Im sure it will all be sorted out sooner or later but Ive had to put a block to any online shopping (a week before Christmas) as Im not sure as to whether the Paypal payments would go thru?
I think the moral of the story is that if you have a Paypal account which isnt verified with all of your detail's, get it done otherwise you could find yourself in a similar situation.
Sorry Steve once again, I'll be back to you asap as Ive discussed in the PM that I sent!

The plural of “detail” is “details”. No apostrophe required. When you add an apostrophe you make it the possessive, not the plural. Same goes for “thanks”. “Im” does need an apostrophe to write “I’m”, the contraction for “I am”. You used an apostrophe correctly for “Steve’s”, which is perplexing, given the rest of the errors.
There is a user search function that allows you to send private messages to individuals, obviating the need to write and post threads in public like this one, which comes dangerously close to political duscussion. Whining about the EU fits that category and will get you a stern note from a moderator.
I say all this because you expressed a desire to not look stupid. Best of luck with your PayPal woes.

The other day after a little bit of online chatting I decided to buy a s/h AX8 from Steve from this very forum.
All good, I requested Steve's Paypal detail's so that I could make a payment.
I logged in to Paypal, filled in the detail's, and clicked the send money now button now to suddenly find a pop up on the screen saying basically that because my account is not verified that theres an EU directive that states its against EU laws to send money over a certain amount if you account hasnt been verified. Or I may have misread the info and it may be that you have a spending limit amount on the account with in a given period?
So the payment didnt go thru. I updated my account with a clear photo of a recent bank statement and then a clear photo of my UK driving license.
All done, all boxes ticked 3 day's later Im still waiting for Paypal to allow me to go ahead and make the payment.
I have money in the bank to more than cover the purchase yet now I feel like a complete idiot all because of Paypal.
If you should read this Steve thank's for being so understanding.
Im sure it will all be sorted out sooner or later but Ive had to put a block to any online shopping (a week before Christmas) as Im not sure as to whether the Paypal payments would go thru?
I think the moral of the story is that if you have a Paypal account which isnt verified with all of your detail's, get it done otherwise you could find yourself in a similar situation.
Sorry Steve once again, I'll be back to you asap as Ive discussed in the PM that I sent!
Use IBAN transfer. It's free up to 4000 euros and more secure than PayPal will ever be. Also you're not supporting any greedy shareholders this way.

I quite like PayPal. It has served me well so far. Although I reckon if the same thing had happened to me I'd be p***ed off too.

The plural of “detail” is “details”. No apostrophe required. When you add an apostrophe you make it the possessive, not the plural. Same goes for “thanks”. “Im” does need an apostrophe to write “I’m”, the contraction for “I am”. You used an apostrophe correctly for “Steve’s”, which is perplexing, given the rest of the errors.
There is a user search function that allows you to send private messages to individuals, obviating the need to write and post threads in public like this one, which comes dangerously close to political duscussion. Whining about the EU fits that category and will get you a stern note from a moderator.
I say all this because you expressed a desire to not look stupid. Best of luck with your PayPal woes.

It's discussion, not duscussion

But we're here to discuss music related matters, so who cares

Back
Top Bottom