Blocks Library Broken?

Joce

Inspired
Apologies if I missed this in previous comments. I did a search and nothing came up that addressed this question as far as I could tell.

It seems my Blocks Library no longer works? In fact I just double check and this is not specific to Axe-Edit, but also with FM3-Edit.

I tried selecting a different folder and moving blocks in, or saving new blocks, but nothing work and I always just get the popup window showing as if my Blocks Library is empty...

Any insights welcomed at this point!

Thx!
Joce

Apologies if I missed this in previous comments. I did a search and nothing came up that addressed this question as far as I could tell.

It seems my Blocks Library no longer works? In fact I just double check and this is not specific to Axe-Edit, but also with FM3-Edit.

I tried selecting a different folder and moving blocks in, or saving new blocks, but nothing work and I always just get the popup window showing as if my Blocks Library is empty...

Any insights welcomed at this point!

Thx!
Joce
After I read your post I checked mine out via Axe Edit and they were all grayed out and I couldn't access them. I then saved a block and then I had access to all of them. Sounds like that is what you did also but had a different outcome.

Do you see your blocks that you saved in the Documents, Fractal Audio, AXE EDIT III, BLOCKS folder?

Last edited:
After I read your post I checked mine out via Axe Edit and they were all grayed out and I couldn't access them. I then saved a block and then I had access to all of them. Sounds like that is what you did also but had a different outcome.

Do you see your blocks that you saved in the Documents, Fractal Audio, AXE EDIT III, BLOCKS folder?
Yes. If I click on Show Folder I see them in the folder, but not as options in the pop up menu.

Thx for your reply. I will try to restart the computer and see if that makes a difference.

Yes. If I click on Show Folder I see them in the folder, but not as options in the pop up menu.

Thx for your reply. I will try to restart the computer and see if that makes a difference.
@BryantP I Just went back to check my blocks again and now I can't access them either via the blocks library. Really weird. I saved a new block and only some of them can be recalled. My Amps were grayed out so I saved a new Amp and then I could select those but then my Reverb blocks were grayed out and inaccessible. Definitely squirrely. Axe Edit v11.01.1, FW 19.06, W11. I did a firmware refresh via Axe Edit and now all my blocks are grayed out. All my blocks are still in the appropriate folder just not accessible via AE (grayed out). Saved a Chorus block then all blocks were accessible. Closed AXE EDIT then they all were grayed out again and not accessible. BUG? I can drag a Block from the Blocks folder into a preset even when they are grayed out and it shows up in the preset. So, it seems like some disconnect from the library folder being accessed by axe edit library recall.

Last edited:
Got a similar issue a while ago getting message that library can't be read.
May delete block_library.log in folder (Edits closed) and try again.
Or copy library to another folder and chose the new one in Edit (also delete block_library.log).
This worked for me.
Addtion: This was on Windows 10 PC - no clue if it works on MAC OS or Win11.

Got a similar issue a while ago getting message that library can't be read.
May delete block_library.log in folder (Edits closed) and try again.
Or copy library to another folder and chose the new one in Edit (also delete block_library.log).
This worked for me.
Addtion: This was on Windows 10 PC - no clue if it works on MAC OS or Win11.
@raccoon Thanks, this worked for me now. Where is the block_library.log file located?

@raccoon Thanks, this worked for me now. Where is the block_library.log file located?
It’s in the Block Library folder. Check the workspace settings for Edit for the location of the library. By default it’s in an OS-dictated directory used for preference files. We can tell the editor to use a different path though. For instance, all my backups and block library files are in my Dropbox folder so they’re automatically backed up to the cloud.

The log file only contains information about problems the editor had when trying to read the blocks, it shouldn’t stop the library from working. File and/or folder permissions are a more likely problem because the editor needs to be able to read and write the blocks and the log file.

Another problem could be that blocks were written to the library that were from a more recent version of the firmware, such as if the modeler’s firmware was downgraded after they were saved. Older versions of the firmware don’t know what to make of newer blocks because the blocks are from the future.

Last edited:
It’s in the Block Library folder. Check the workspace settings for Edit for the location of the library. By default it’s in an OS-dictated directory used for preference files. We can tell the editor to use a different path though. For instance, all my backups and block library files are in my Dropbox folder so they’re automatically backed up to the cloud.

The log file only contains information about problems the editor had when trying to read the blocks, it shouldn’t stop the library from working. File and/or folder permissions are a more likely problem because the editor needs to be able to read and write the blocks and the log file.

Another problem could be that blocks were written to the library that were from a more recent version of the firmware, such as if the modeler’s firmware was downgraded after they were saved. Older versions of the firmware don’t know what to make of newer blocks because the blocks are from the future.
Thanks, I had mine going to one drive originally then it went squirrelly on me and I remapped it and it's fine now

Me too, I got mine on a OneDrive folder.

Sure the log should only have info.
I deleted also blocks from other firmware versions and the log-file and it worked.
Ok the log file may was not the cause but by deleting it I only got the last and actual problem logs and it was easier to check whats wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom