Blocks Guide Update 4.5

I have no idea what this means:
Q: How many musicians does it take to describe a scale?
A: Well, let’s see there’s Bird, Yardbird, Zoizeau, Charlie, Satchmo, Pops, Satchel Mouth, Dipper Mouth, Louis... so
that’s TWO right there...”
Haha. yeah you're not alone. ;)

I compared the previous and this Blocks Guide side-by-side, just the effects listings to see what was new, and wow, there's been quite a lot of new effects examples/models that have been added! Nice.

Last edited:
Cool! But I don't see it yet (in 4.5 / active link)?

Also the wiki mentions that because Reverb has normal mix law one might want to adjust level up 3dB. Would putting something like this in the Reverb section make sense?

When using Mix to control the level of the Reverb, the volume level of the dry signal is affected: when increasing Mix, the dry signal's level decreases. The prevent this, turn up Mix to 50%, set Level to +3dB, and use Input Gain to set the desired amount of Reverb. Or, put Reverb in a parallel row with Mix at 100% and use Level or Input Gain to set the desired reverb level.​

With most browsers on PC and Mac, you can perform a simple action to force a hard refresh. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the reload icon on your browser's toolbar.
I’m still unable to get the updated version from my iPad. I flushed the cache for Safari several times, tried loading from a private page/connection, tried downloading it and viewing in Books, switched to Firefox and did the same things with it, then tried Chrome, but still no joy.

With most browsers on PC and Mac, you can perform a simple action to force a hard refresh. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the reload icon on your browser's toolbar.
Thanks... worked (Chrome on Mac). And it's embarrassing I didn't already know that.

I’m still unable to get the updated version from my iPad. I flushed the cache for Safari several times, tried loading from a private page/connection, tried downloading it and viewing in Books, switched to Firefox and did the same things with it, then tried Chrome, but still no joy.
It must be something on your side. It is definitely the correct file on the server. Version 4.5, Nov 2021, and, for reference, "Getting Help" in the TOC is p.98.

Back
Top Bottom