Blocks copy inconsistently?

addedc

Experienced
After years of using Fractal with just presets and stompbox mode, I am finally using channels and scenes. There is a lot of copying involved in setting up presets to do this. Has anyone else noticed that the copy and paste function in the latest AxeEdit operates inconsistently? What's happening to me is that on some blocks, graphic EQ perhaps in particular, when I copy a block from channel A and then paste into say, channel C, the copy function appears to take place but the block in channel C remains unchanged. I imagine I didn't notice this happening in number of instances and hope I don't find out at a gig. If anyone knows a work around or perhaps where I am making a mistake, I would appreciate it.

You are mixing terminology and methods I think.

When you copy a block, it's a block - all channels are copied.

You can copy a channel of a block...

I think you want to copy a channel and paste a channel.

Copy from channel X, paste to channel Y...

You are mixing terminology and methods I think.

When you copy a block, it's a block - all channels are copied.

You can copy a channel of a block...

I think you want to copy a channel and paste a channel.

Copy from channel X, paste to channel Y...
Ok. Thanks. Somewhere I got the idea you could select say, Channel A on a block, select Channel C and then copy A into C. That apparently doesn't work and you need to put each one in the library.

In the Channel menu (right-click on drop down arrow) use the "Copy Current Channel To Clipboard" to copy Channel A, then use "Paste Clipboard To Current Channel" to paste it into Channel C. This can be done in different blocks (same type) and across presets.

Thanks. Note for anyone having similar issue. Pay attention to that new check box in the Blocks Library where you either copy entire block or current channel. You want to copy current channel only if you want to copy them across channels. And if you have any library blocks that pre-date that checkbox, they may not perform as expected.

Last edited:
I think you're confusing copy/paste, which is in the "Channel" menu with Save, which is in the "Library" menu. There is no checkbox for copy/paste. The Library contains both Blocks and Channels. The checkbox when you Save determines whether you save a block or a channel. The icon next to the name indicates whether it is a block or a channel in the library. If it was saved prior to the introduction of the channel save feature, then it is necessarily a block, which is what you would expect.

Ok. Thanks. Somewhere I got the idea you could select say, Channel A on a block, select Channel C and then copy A into C. That apparently doesn't work and you need to put each one in the library.
You can totally do that. There's no requirement to use the block or channel library.

Make sure you are using the Channel copy and not Block copy.

Edit:

Or maybe you were talking about the library all along?

Thanks for the clarification. I was trying both ways: as saved blocks in the Library and by copying blocks (which I was mistakenly doing instead of channels).

Back
Top Bottom