Blocks are not saved correctly

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
I am on Axe fx II Quantum 8.02 Axe Edit 3.14.5

Never had problems with this before but yesterday I discovered that some of my saved blocks are not loaded in correctly anymore. Sometimes the effect type is not right and sometimes the settings are not right or sometimes both. Also when I save a new block then it doesn't save the settings all the time. It's a bit unpredictable. It's especially apparent in the drive block.

I don't want to upgrade my firmware. For me Q8.02 is the final one.
Are these known bugs with Axe Edit 3.14.5? I might have missed those. Does my Quantum firmware match the version of Axe Edit?

Last edited:
I'm not 100% if the Axe fx ll has an internal battery but if it does then it would most likely be associated with retaining user settings.

Saving blocks is problematic since it saves all 4 channels. When you restore it, you may not be looking at the channel that was in use when you saved it. In other words, the settings you are looking for can probably be found in another channel.

no channels in an Axe-Fx II ....

Saving blocks is problematic since it saves all 4 channels. When you restore it, you may not be looking at the channel that was in use when you saved it. In other words, the settings you are looking for can probably be found in another channel.
Axe-Fx II thread... no Channels.

I've had something like this happen before on very full presets. Maybe even related to the Tone Match block? IIRC.. The file size of the Axe-Fx II presets aren't actually large enough to contain every possible combination of parameter settings. So sometimes a few parameters loaded fully counter-clockwise.

Not sure. Does the Axe fx have a battery? Not that I know of.
It does...

But a bad battery would result in global settings reverting to default values and (I think) no presets.

Try changing a global setting, then power off/on and see if it's still the same.

no channels in an Axe-Fx II ....

XY = 2 channels (minus the UI actually saying "channel")

It's a good point if these blocks are ones with XY switching ability. A saved block includes both X & Y. Make sure you're not looking at one channel expecting to see settings that were actually saved in the other.

XY = 2 channels (minus the UI actually saying "channel")

It's a good point if these blocks are ones with XY switching ability. A saved block includes both X & Y. Make sure you're not looking at one channel expecting to see settings that were actually saved in the other.

It turns out this was the case! There was some weird thing going on with X and Y saving. A previous block was saved to Y and normally I always save to X only. Therefor the newly saved blocks got saved in Y instead of X. Hence the confusion. Thanks!

Any idea as to what the latest Axe Edit version was for Quantum 8.02? As this will be my final Firmware version I want to make sure that I have the right Axe Edit version? Is there an oversight somewhere that says which Axe Edit version belongs to which firmware?

That's even more of a problem on the AxeFX III because there are 4 channels instead of 2. What I do is: when I save the block, I add the channel name to the end of the block name. That way I know which channel to select when I load the block later.

That's even more of a problem on the AxeFX III because there are 4 channels instead of 2. What I do is: when I save the block, I add the channel name to the end of the block name. That way I know which channel to select when I load the block later.

great tip! simple but effective...thanks

Excellent piece of fault finding, I would never have thought about the XY idea.

Well, I only mentioned it because it has happened to me :). I deleted my reply when Yek and Moke pointed out this is an AxeFX II instead of an AxeFX III, but Bakerman is right, that doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom