1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Block to Mimic Digitech Freqout

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Wish List' started by Alex Kerezy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Alex Kerezy

Alex Kerezy
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi,
    No need for new amps and cabs.................more FX (in the Axe).

Please create a block that provides feedback - like the Digitech Freqout.

Lots of folks run their Axe Fx into the PA system with earbuds and don't have an real physical amp and cabinte amp to create feedback. We need an effect to rock it out.

Feedbackless in Philly

MSP and vangrieg like this.
  2. Moke

Moke
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I came up with this for one of my presets. I would like to get my hands on a Freqout pedal to see if I could get closer.

Alex C, Gilesy and Alex Kerezy like this.
  3. Alex Kerezy

Alex Kerezy
    Expand Collapse
    New here

That's not bad - the feedback, I like it!!

Moke likes this.
  4. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

This has been asked for and discussed a bunch of times, with varying levels of success. Short of copying DigiTech’s algorithm I don’t think it can be truly reproduced. At least I haven’t found anything close to as nice as the pedal, which I still use.

Luckily, the pedals have gotten pretty cheap used, so no better time to pick one up. It’s a fantastic pedal, probably my favorite pedal purchase of 2018.

If by some chance they update soemthing where the Axe can fully replace the pedal, then I’ll by all means sell the pedal and be quite happy, but I don’t see it happening any time soon.

If there is an effect you really want, better (Imo) to simply use what works, though doesn’t hurt to make a wish!

5. Matt_B_77

Matt_B_77
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I"m seeing FreqOuts going for $129 brand new now.

To b clear, the core of the FreqOut is based upon the principle of automatic feedback elimination in reverse. If the Axe FX could have a auto feedback elimination then it might be able to have the inverse.

6. Alex Kerezy

Alex Kerezy
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Come on guys..... the ENTIRE REASON I bought an Axe-fx iii is to get rid of my pedal board. I know that this is not the case for everyone, I get that. But it is the case for many people.

The product already has a bazillion amps and cabs - so it "seems" to me asking for blocks that mimic pedals already out there --- which is what many of the existing blocks do already -- seems pretty reasonable to me.

Thanks

MKeditor likes this.
  7. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

You are free to wish for the moon and the stars... There is no guarantee of anything ;)

As mentioned, this has been requested and discussed (several times) before.

8. Alexis

Alexis
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

upvote for this

9. SHEPPARD

SHEPPARD
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I'd say just get the pedal. I picked one up new for $85. I don't think Cliff is going to be doing any more major updates for the II.