Block presets for effects

mcgyver

Inspired
Hi, where can I find "block presets? I know a few people have posted them.
I think you add them to your Fractal Audio folder and they appear as a block preset pull down in Axe Edit.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie

Last edited:
Yeah I wanted to give credit to the original creators of a lot of the blocks. There’s a lot of Delay & Multi-Delay blocks and they were all in a thread here dating back from like FW 19, (Pre-Quantum). I think it was Simeon who had posted the bulk of them, but I’m pretty sure there were other contributors as well.
Hopefully maybe more people will post theirs as well in here & this can be moved to the Preset Page & Sticky it at the top.

Hi, where can I find "block presets? I know a few people have posted them.
I think you add them to your Fractal Audio folder and they appear as a block preset pull down in Axe Edit.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie
Wait what????? U add them to some Fractal folder? Where's this folder? Is it like the "automatically add to iTunes" folder?

On Windows, the block library is located at C:\users\{your username}\documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\blocks. Copy your new .blk files there and restart Axe-Edit to make the show up in the list.

IIRC, the block library is specific to each block type number, so for example saved settings for Delay 1 don't show up for Delay 2 and vice versa.

Maybe it's Global blocks I'm thinking of.
A Saved Delay Block will show up in the drop down menu for Delay 1 or Delay 2. Delay 1&2 are the same exact effect(s), duplicate instances of the Delay Block is possible to be used. Same goes for all the other blocks that you can run multiple instances of; [Filter 1.2.3.4] etc..

Last edited:
Please bwm, but what is the purpose of a blocks library exactly? I mean, if Im making a new patch and have a sound I'm thinking of, I'll just go to the preset of said block, copy/paste into the patch I'm building. Hell I jdfk anymore

Please bwm, but what is the purpose of a blocks library exactly? I mean, if Im making a new patch and have a sound I'm thinking of, I'll just go to the preset of said block, copy/paste into the patch I'm building. Hell I jdfk anymore
It’s super handy, I use saved blocks all the time & save blocks for later use all the time. For example; when I get a Reverb just the way I like it, I’ll save it so the next time I’m making a patch and I want that same type of Reverb sound, I just load it right up in my saved blocks drop down menu in Axe Edit.

How does this work with an iMac? I copy these over to my block page and it says "webloc." I realize I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so any 101 instructions on how to get those drop box folders over to my iMac and have the show up in my blocks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom