Block Meters

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I've only had a short amount of time to play around on my Axe Fx III so far, but I noticed this in one of the factory presets the first day I got it, and also on a preset I created starting from a blank grid.

If I am in layout view and page over to the Meters tab, the Drive block shows the left channel is quieter than the right.

The rest of the chain appears to all be balanced, which is odd, too.

Pretty sure the factory preset was Brownface.

Anyone else notice this or can think of an explanation?

I just checked a preset I made and the levels of the meters for the left and right on my drive blocks are equal on the Meters tab.

Update: I just checked the Brownface preset and the levels are not equal for the left and right meters with the drive on. They are the same when it's off.

Last edited:
I just checked a preset I made and the levels of the meters for the left and right on my drive blocks are equal on the Meters tab.

Update: I just checked the Brownface preset and the levels are not equal for the left and right meters with the drive on. They are the same when it's off.
Thanks for checking. I'll double check again tomorrow.

I couldn't find anything in the block settings of the Drive or the previous block in the chain. Maybe something in a global setting...

Are you certain you're not mistaking the output level meter for an input channel?
To be honest, no. :)

I can only tell you (as of now, not in front of my unit) that the Drive block meters in the Meters page of Layout are not "even" like for all the other blocks.

EDIT:

D'OH! @iaresee nailed it! I guess my eyes were tired in zoomed mode... I was thinking there were two meters there, when there are actually 4. The top set of meters appears to be Input and the bottom are Output.

We can close this as Not A Bug :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom