• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Block Library for the room parameters

Hamsworld

Regular
I would love to have the possibility to have a block library only for the room parameters in the cab Block.
For exampIe: I have the "naked amps"-presets, and i have to dial in sometimes in 4 chanels 5 or more parameters in this part of the cab block when I play some of the presets.
Even if I build my own presets the work flow is not so good if you have to dial in every time "your" room sound, let alone to try some other proved settings!
It would be great to have the possibility to have very fast different room-settings to try it in the mix.

For me, the room-parameters are some of the most important parts in my sounds for acoustic (with a null IR) and electric guitars. It´s so great to have this tool. A lot of people asking for the "amp-in-the-room-sound". It´s already there!
I´m a big fan, greetings from germany

Last edited:

blaggers

Inspired
you can't just load the Cab block fully?
Correct! You can’t load the Cab block fully as that overwrites the cab that’s already there. When listening with headphones the room settings are key, so it would be great to be able to quickly set these to my preferred settings for any preset.

chris

Legend!
Correct! You can’t load the Cab block fully as that overwrites the cab that’s already there. When listening with headphones the room settings are key, so it would be great to be able to quickly set these to my preferred settings for any preset.
could you potentially use a 2nd cab block with a Null IR and just change the Room settings? then you can drop that block in at least to audition things instead of having to adjust those settings.

from experience, i think this may have a low probability of being granted, but you never know. best to think of solutions that can be used now ;)

Rex

Legend!
Maybe Fractal could provide a Room Reflections type in the Delay block. Then you could just drop a Delay block after your Cab.

Bakerman

Axe-Master
You could monitor AE's output to get the sysex commands for those parameters/values, then save them as one sysex file. Open that with sysex utility (e.g. Bome's SendSX if Windows) when needed, send to Axe.

Joe Bfstplk

Inspired
The OP's concept seems similar to my earlier idea to be able to quickly swap in just the power amp settings from a different amp model.

Maybe the solution for both is more general and macro-scoped: the ability to copy a whole tab of settings and paste that into the same tab on a different preset or other instance of that tab.

It would make roughing in a tweaked-out version of an amp or cab quicker to be able to import a whole tab's worth of settings as a starting point, too.

Adding a context menu to right-click and copy a tab of settings would avoid unnecessary UI clutter.

Bonus points if the global storage library could add a section for these snippets for easy retrieval.

Top Bottom