Block library and and global linking

rnjscooter

Experienced
First, I would like to say thanks to everyone on this site who puts up with stupid questions from newbies like me. I really do try to read every thread, watch every youtube video before I post.

So, I am trying to get this whole block saving, loading and linking thing down. I use axe edit exclusively currently. At the moment I have a wah, vol, and delay all saved in my block library, I have also linked them to global block number 1 of ten empty slots, then saved etc. When I come back to any preset I have made, it never shows the block is on, and it always says unlinked. it drives me crazy. i have to re add the block, and linking seems to do nothing, never mind the fact that there is no way to name what you are linking. I know I am just being an idiot here and need to buy the set of videos on creative live.com but can anyone explain this a little bit to me?

Last question, I would kill to select multiple blocks and shift them all together in a preset thru axe edit. It sucks to ad a volume at the front and have to move all 10 blocks one at a time to the right and then ad shunts.

Thanks everyone! This is the best freakin thing ever built for musicians, and I am going to do whatever it takes to master this.

mj

You do save the preset after linking a block to a global slot do you?
You can "slide" the grid columns to left/right, using the grey squares to get an
empty space where you want it. Then add your desired block. Click the
first block (small + sign on the right side) and the last block ( small + sign on the left)
to connect all of them.

You do save the preset after linking a block to a global slot do you?
You can "slide" the grid columns to left/right, using the grey squares to get an
empty space where you want it. Then add your desired block. Click the
first block (small + sign on the right side) and the last block ( small + sign on the left)
to connect all of them.

Thanks Winger, ya I have the connecting trick down, however I didn't quite get what you meant by sliding grid columns. Are you saying I can take all blocks and simultaneously slide them left or right?

And Yes I always save a preset:eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom