Wish Block Insertion Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennO

Axe-Master
Inserting a block into the signal chain is a bit clunky. You have to drag blocks aside, one at a time, to make room, which sometimes breaks connections, then put the new block into the vacated space and then reconnect the blocks. That can be a real flow killer when you want to quickly try out an idea that requires insertion of a block.

It would be a big help if it worked like this:

In addition, for the simple case where you're working with a single row and you drag a block to be inserted and there isn't enough room for an additional column, it would be a big help if AxeEdit automatically put in the send/return and wrapped to another row automatically.

And please make the default return value 100%. Even after all this time, it still takes me a minute to figure out why my AxeFX goes silent after inserting a send/return :).

So your ears don't go silent permanently (or ringing) by accidentally creating a nasty feedback loop.

Sure, but I'm saying set it to 100% in the case I described where AxeEdit is automatically doing a row wrap. There's no risk of feedback in that situation.

The bottom line is: Inserting a block is a simple conceptual task from the user's point of view. And, it's a simple operation from a logical point of view (Trust me, I've implemented this very thing in audio applications :)). So, it should be a simple task to perform from the GUI.

+1 - The ability to select and then drag multiple blocks would be a big improvement. Can't be that much of a coding issue. Would make a big difference to building/editing presets.

Just my $.02

JB

+1 - The ability to select and then drag multiple blocks would be a big improvement. Can't be that much of a coding issue. Would make a big difference to building/editing presets.

Just my $.02

JB
Selecting and moving multiple blocks is somewhat different from what this thread is about. Inserting a block like in my video above eliminates the need to move blocks aside to make room for a new block.

Moving multiple blocks might be useful in other contexts though, so I’d suggest starting a new wish thread with your idea.

In any case, yes, this would be a simple thing to implement.

+1

Every time I have to add a block, I roll my eyes because I know it's gonna break things. I keep really tight presets; no extra shunts, so it's a game of moving everything when I have to insert something. Might be nice to be able to move multiple blocks at once, like icons on the PC desktop, and have the shunts between them automatically be created if I drag the blocks over a few blocks to make room or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom