Implemented Block Info : add an indicator if channel ever changes

fractalz

Power User
Please add an indicator on blocks in the "Block Info" view if the block ever changes channels between scenes.

This may generate false positives for unused scenes, but I'd rather investigate that than unwittingly have a channel change hidden due to a block copy/paste.

Thanks!

Please add an indicator on blocks in the "Block Info" view if the block ever changes channels between scenes.

This may generate false positives for unused scenes, but I'd rather investigate that than unwittingly have a channel change hidden due to a block copy/paste.

Thanks!
how do you envision this working or looking like?

how do you envision this working or looking like?

There are a number of UI paradigms for showing "here's one but there are more" or "multiple". I'm not sure what would work best here. Sometimes it's an eclipses (...) or a stack of things... Maybe put the current channel in italics if it can be something else in a different scene?

I agree it is crowded already, but the benefit of having a the multi-scene and modifiers-active indicators would be huge. I'm not sure what else could be added... Something about the FC interaction? But, not everyone has an FC so not universally useful.

My use case is that I'm trying to re-create my AX8 patches in my III. Spent time doing a naive conversion and used tons of channel changes. Played through songs and had lots of dropouts. Read the forum, went back to modifiers / controllers. Have some patches that still have issues and start debugging.

- Use the "Block Info" screen to at least see if something is *currently* on the wrong channel,
- nice, but I don't see the potential for it to switch on a different scene...
- See that Delay 1 is on channel A, but did I set the modifier here or was that the last preset I was working on???

It's so cool that you can keep the layout in "Block Info" mode while working on the parameters down below. I'd like to stay in that mode (twiddling knobs) and not have to menu dive into the controllers -> modifiers pane to see where I set up modifiers, or dive into each block again to see if I got rid of all my channel changes.

With the tips I got from the forum today and the two indicators I asked for, I'd be suspicious if any block in my envisaged "Block Info" screen had both an italicized channel name (indicating it has channel changes present) *and* a filled in modifier dot (indicating it also has modifiers)...

Also note, there is no equivalent of Controllers -> Modifiers for this, so the best you can do is go into "Block Info" mode and switch through all the scenes, observe and hopefully don't miss, any of the letters changing (did CAB 1 B change to CAB 1 C or was it CAB 2, or was CAB 2 always on C?). In other words, visiting each scene multiple times to scan all of the blocks to make sure you don't miss one...

Back
Top Bottom