Wish Block / Feedback Sustainer (Digitech Freq Out/Ebow/Sustainiac/ Fernandes Sustainer/ FB Boss)

Add Block / Feedback Sustainer (Digitech Freq Out/Ebow/Sustainiac/ Fernandes Sustainer)
You can accomplish this using a few different methods already. There are 2 approaches with downloadable presets here.

There is also a third approach using a synth block with a Leon Todd vid describing how here:

The eBow, Sustainiac and Sustainer all use some form of mechanical means to generate the effect. That's not really possible with the Fractal devices.

The eBow, Sustainiac and Sustainer all use some form of mechanical means to generate the effect. That's not really possible with the Fractal devices.

Not even at the quantum level?
:sunglasses:

Sheesh guys I believe he is asking for something that sounds similar not something that is based on the exact same physics.

Not even at the quantum level?
:sunglasses:

Sheesh guys I believe he is asking for something that sounds similar not something that is based on the exact same physics.
An eBow is not just a sustain generator. I personally don't think it's the same class as a "feedback" device.

It doesn't sound similar to me, but maybe that's dependent on how you're using it.

The magnet vibrates the strings. As far as my understanding, that's still considered mechanical... The Sustainer pickups are similar, I believe.
Their literature describes it as electronic. I still have an original one, and it doesn't matter really, it just works really well and is fun on an acoustic guitar.

An eBow is not just a sustain generator. I personally don't think it's the same class as a "feedback" device.

It doesn't sound similar to me, but maybe that's dependent on how you're using it.

Side note:
I have one of these that I bring along to acoustic open mics sometimes. It's a crowd pleaser. Every other acoustic guitarist always wants to try it out. I should get commissions because I'm sure I have helped to sell a good number of them. I use it sparingly though because it does give off rosin dust that I don't want building up inside my acoustic. So I never use it with one of my Taylors - only my old Yamaha acoustic (which is my only abusable acoustic). But it is really fun to play - definitely makes an acoustic sound a lot like a cello.

Back
Top Bottom