Fixed Block Error

Techboy57

Inspired
I'm getting a recurring error message, it says:

Errors were encountered while reading Library entries. Please see the file "block_librariy.log" in the block library directory for a listing of errors.

Where do I find this Info, why is it occurring and how do remedy these issues.

This is not a software bug.

AX8-Edit stores block files (settings of individual effect blocks) in a folder under Documents/Fractal Audio/AX8-Edit.

You also find the log file there.

Open the block library log in the AX8-Edit folder on your computer and it will show you the files that are causing this error message. Erase the files shown in the log at the locations shown.
Capture.PNG

You will get this message if you copied and pasted blocks from another device that are not supported.

Im using the AXE FX II mkII is it the same

Could this be from converted Frac Tool files ????
Yes and yes. If you're using presets created on a device other than what you're using, there will be block files in that preset that are not compatible. I'm not a software engineer but my observation is that there are block files created within presets that are exclusive to the device used.

I've gone through and deleted all of the files in the block library log and no longer receive any error messages. I still have all of the preset/effect blocks I was downloading in my library so these incompatible blocks are not necessary.

EDIT: I have noticed that these errors only occur when downloading presets, not individual blocks or .syx files.

Yes and yes. If you're using presets created on a device other than what you're using, there will be block files in that preset that are not compatible. I'm not a software engineer but my observation is that there are block files created within presets that are exclusive to the device used.
Funny things is, I modified and saved to the cab library a cab block from the factory presets and that's what buggered up the ointment

Back
Top Bottom