Not a Bug Block Channel change with external switch

djidoe

Inspired
Hi, I'm trying to change the channel of my reverb block with an external switch (Boss FS-6).

I've assigned PEDAL 1 (SW RING) to Reverb 1 under Setup/Midi-Remote/Channel menu, but when I hit the switch the block switch from "Economy" and "Normal" under the Quality menu.

Normal behaviour would change channel ?

Thanks

There is something odd going on there. I can't reproduce your exact scenario but we'll take a closer look.

aside from the issue, i think a switch directly set to a Channel change in the MIDI menu would just change between Channel A to Channel D. since there are 4 Channels, it won't step through them in order.

good find on the potential bug, but perhaps a Stand-In Switch would be better and allow more control.

aside from the issue, i think a switch directly set to a Channel change in the MIDI menu would just change between Channel A to Channel D. since there are 4 Channels, it won't step through them in order.

I just need a swap between A and B...

I just need a swap between A and B...
use it as a Stand-In Switch then. the MIDI menu is limited when using a switch like that, and is exactly why Stand-Ins were developed. as i mentioned above, a regular switch assigned in that menu would just toggle between A & D due to how a pedal sends messages on/off only.

Use a Stand-In assigned to Channel Toggle:

Back
Top Bottom