Blizzard 2016 Pics.. add yours ...

You should come to Canada for a winter visit! :)

LOL..those pics are from Nova Scotia, last February. Although, I believe most of Quebec has quite a bit of snow this year. It was a late start to winter this year.

In southern Ontario, we had a green Christmas...it as 12 degrees C on Christmas Eve. My first in my 51+ years. We only just got our first snow a couple of weeks ago and since then, we've only accumulated about a foot...which is rare.

Agreed! It's one thing when you're used to blizzards and winter conditions, it's a whole other beast when you're not.

Once in a while though...it does slow down us hardy Canucks...eh! But only for a short time. ;-)

DANG!! You guys are a bread apart!!! Of hardy stock to be sure.

DANG!! You guys are a bread apart!!! Of hardy stock to be sure.

When I was a kid, growing up in northern Ontario, we used to spend 2 hours cleaning 2-3 feet of snow on the road just so we could play road hockey...in -30 to -40 C temps. You can't even imagine what it's like getting hit in the nads with a frozen tennis ball when you're in net!

One good thing, when you get older, the snow banks make great beer coolers! Game on!!! :)

No wonder so many New Yorkers & Canadians keep me so busy selling them Real Estate here in paradise........lol

You folks are crazy putting up with that stuff!

Last edited:
When I was a kid, growing up in northern Ontario, we used to spend 2 hours cleaning 2-3 feet of snow on the road just so we could play road hockey...in -30 to -40 C temps. You can't even imagine what it's like getting hit in the nads with a frozen tennis ball when you're in net!

One good thing, when you get older, the snow banks make great beer coolers! Game on!!! :)

I would think when you go through that kinda ordeal just to play hockey your glove and stick hand would be strong enough to avoid getting hit in the nutz, or at least be strong inspiration for avoiding such a thing.

Those were the days! Frozen tennis ball was hard, but orange plastic ball were worst!!

Those were the days! Frozen tennis ball was hard, but orange plastic ball were worst!!

...or a frozen sponge puck!

Montreal? I grew up playing road hockey during the awesome Canadien dynasty of the 70's. We used to imitate all the greats...Dryden, Lafleur, Savard, Lapointe, Lemaire, Gainey, Cournoyer, the list goes on. Gainey is from the town I currently live in. Had a chance to meet him at the gym a couple of years ago. He might be in his 60's, but I still wouldn't want to mess with him!

...or a frozen sponge puck!

Montreal? I grew up playing road hockey during the awesome Canadien dynasty of the 70's. We used to imitate all the greats...Dryden, Lafleur, Savard, Lapointe, Lemaire, Gainey, Cournoyer, the list goes on. Gainey is from the town I currently live in. Had a chance to meet him at the gym a couple of years ago. He might be in his 60's, but I still wouldn't want to mess with him!
Right now, Montreal habs should seek for inspiration from these guys because it dosen't get worse. Oh except for the Leafs of course!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom