Blind Test #1: Axe-Fx III vs. Real Amp

Compared to a clean amp. don't get all picky, it certainly no blackface,,, It's a compressed fully distorted "clipped" signal playing 2 chords. If that's how you want to make judgments and feel they are fair more power to you.

At any event i made my call despite this Trap like comparison. No one in his right mind thinks these 2 bars are any indication.

Try the link ive posted earlier of different gain settings and a real guitarist playing more than 2 chords over a wide range of dynamics and you can easily peak which is which even though its blind, Check the link.

Read what I wrote earlier. There are numerous real high gain comparisons between the Kemper and real amps on YouTube, and with all due respect, if you can't hear the difference between them, you may have a hearing impairment, in my opinion, and I say that in all seriousness, not to be insulting. Exhibit A:

Read what I wrote earlier. There are numerous real high gain comparisons between the Kemper and real amps on YouTube, and with all due respect, if you can't hear the difference between them, you have a hearing impairment, in my opinion. Exhibit A:

OK, what's the results of you "2 chord Comparison". Lets be over with this.

don't get all picky
Sooooooooo don’t be like you?

i made my call despite this Trap like comparison

giphy.gif

I'll reveal the results, but I'd like to know if you can hear the difference between high gain samples in the comparison video I just posted first. Yes or no?

When differences are extreme of curse you can tell. When differences are smaller, the less dynamics there are in the amp response and the less dynamic the playing is, like the one you posted, the less information there is to to go by, why is that hard to understand?

Well according to “dumbeat” - it doesn’t matter if you use a real amp -

if you are not playing many chords, if you play high gain, if you are going to listen on a computer in any kind of compressed
format, if you don’t have the highest quality headphones……. I am sure there are many more.

Clipped wave at a constant dynamic performance is always going to be much easier to model or clone. there is no news in this,
However if you presented a dynamic performance on a more dynamic amp setting, you would have been able to compare the amps in a more realistic manner. Thats all im saying.

My guess is:
1 and 2 are the amp, and 3,4,5 are the Axe. I could be completely wrong, and the difference is so subtle that it doesn’t really even matter. That high gain YouTube blind test was night and day though. I couldn’t tell you which one was the real amp, but they all sounded pretty different to me.

This is funny, the same people who claim the Model is identical are the ones who sit all day waiting for updates that "Improve" the modeling, i.e bringing it closer... Are you at the 170% identical mark by now...lol
How can you improve on a perfect model...? Whatever. im outta here. Have a great weekend all.

When differences are extreme of curse you can tell. When differences are smaller, the less dynamics there are in the amp response and the less dynamic the playing is, like the one you posted, the less information there is to to go by, why is that hard to understand?

Your logic isn't difficult to understand, it's just riddled with holes. First you claim my samples are compressed to death and have no dynamics, yet you claim to be able to discern differences in a video that contain actual high gain samples which are compressed to death and lack dynamics. If you don't see the contradiction therein, I don't know what to tell you.

Well according to “dumbeat” - it doesn’t matter if you use a real amp -

if you are not playing many chords, if you play high gain, if you are going to listen on a computer in any kind of compressed
format, if you don’t have the highest quality headphones……. I am sure there are many more.

90% of the sound is the guitar pickups.
Create a chain with no amp and cab... it's all right already... then you start splitting hairs

Back
Top Bottom