Blind Test #1: Axe-Fx III vs. Real Amp

Its not a good test i can i tell you. It has none of the qualities an amp can be judged by, the stuff that makes an amp stand out do not exist in your examples. Again- Dynamic playing and dynamic presentation. Its just not there. Dont blame me for that. Make some examples of dynamic playing on clean tones, in breakup tones, let the player play dynamically and dont have it so compressed. Thats when you can judge the quality of the amp. Im sorry, but this is not on me.

Oh, so you can easily tell the difference between a modeler and an amp so long as the samples adhere to some strict list of requirements you have regarding the type of tone that must be recorded for the test? Look, there are plenty of high gain blind tests on YouTube where the tone is distorted to the high heavens and any number of people can hear the difference on any given day with respect to other modelers and amps, even when listening to a low bitrate sample, so spare me the fallacious reasoning, okay?

Reactions: RDH
Samples 1 and 2 sound different, but only because of the little bit of feedback poking thru. Other than that, they sound identical to me.

Oh, so you can easily tell the difference between a modeler and an amp so long as the samples adhere to some strict list of requirements you have regarding the type of tone that must be recorded for the test? Look, there are plenty of high gain blind tests on YouTube where the tone is distorted to the high heavens and any number of people can hear the difference on any given day with respect to other modelers and amps, even when listening to a low bitrate sample, so spare me the fallacious reasoning, okay?
He can very easily tell the difference between a modeler and amp when you show him a video of the the signal chain as you're playing through it. He's got the golden ears, dontchaknow? :D

All sounds really digital to me because of my digital computer. Must test it through an old school analog computer to really hear the difference...
I listened on BlueTooth connected headphones so that air gap the signal had to jump between my computer and my cans really added a ton of life and room back into the sound.

I listened on BlueTooth connected headphones so that air gap the signal had to jump between my computer and my cans really added a ton of life and room back into the sound.
Bluetooth does add extra data compression though

That's not how you do A/B properly... Bluetooth uses a digital algorithm, so it must sound digital EVEN if you play it in a room. One can easily hear the difference.

Amplify your guitar with a bucket taped on it. That's 100% analog for you. Hear the difference now? You're welcome.

No need for blind tests these days. Nobody can tell the difference anyway, unless something is wrong with the recordings ;)

Here's my guess...
I don't know...
And they're all so close I wouldn't give a frigging crap... And I'd tweak them to taste on top of it.

That's my honest answer.

Being a multi modeller owner and former tube snob, Axe FX III is so dead on and way more powerful than any one amp, I can't tell the difference and don't really care that I can't!!!

This is my world! Cliff has, and keeps on nailing it!

And I like my Helix, too, and used to like the Kemper I used to own.

Axe FX III is the sh@t!!!

Back
Top Bottom