Blew my VHT 2 50 2

serge20261

Inspired
Just got an axe again second coming,all excited I hook it up to the VHT started to notice an odour an then a bang.
I would like to know how to hook up to the power section of my bogner XTC
So that I can fiddle with the axe
Thanks in advance

I took my car in the other day because I was having problems with it, the guy checked it out and told me I blew a seal. I told him to keep my personal life out of it.

Reddy Kilowatt said:
Heard a bang? From what? The fuses on the 2/50/2 seem a bit on the fragile side to me.
I blew fuses on my 2-50-2 rather often. Usually happened on power up. VHT said it is indicative of a problem - but not always. Bought it brand new and it did it from day one. Mine made some stink occasionally too when I really drove it hard. I asked for 'permission' to use a higher capacity fuse and support said OK. As I recall it uses 1 amp slo-blo's so I increased it by one notch and never had a problem.

widrace said:
Reddy Kilowatt said:
Heard a bang? From what? The fuses on the 2/50/2 seem a bit on the fragile side to me.
I blew fuses on my 2-50-2 rather often. Usually happened on power up. VHT said it is indicative of a problem - but not always. Bought it brand new and it did it from day one. Mine made some stink occasionally too when I really drove it hard. I asked for 'permission' to use a higher capacity fuse and support said OK. As I recall it uses 1 amp slo-blo's so I increased it by one notch and never had a problem.

Mine didnt blow the fuses it just blew the resistors capacitors whatever they are off the circuit board of channel B.Been reading that bad vavles may also be the cause??

Reddy Kilowatt said:
On the VHT circuit board for channel A & B there are two white. ceramic Capacitors and one resistor on the bottom.(Not sure if Im using the correct name of the parts but if you open the lid you will soon see what i mean) the bang was from these parts popping off the circuit board,the tech reckons that a dry joint may have been the issue.

Back
Top Bottom