Blew my Headrush 108

Erock93

Inspired
I've got a few diff FRFRs, I have the cheap headrush 108 I leave at my jam spot , so I'm not really worried if it gets beat around / stolen all too much
Anyways I'm getting some crazy flubby bass out of it, thinking I've kind of blown it
Is it worth attempting to replace the 8" speaker or at $300 cdn do I just buy a new one

I have the headrush fr112's and if someone activates the contour switch on the back it adds +3db on the low end. Check that first.

I've got a few diff FRFRs, I have the cheap headrush 108 I leave at my jam spot , so I'm not really worried if it gets beat around / stolen all too much
Anyways I'm getting some crazy flubby bass out of it, thinking I've kind of blown it
Is it worth attempting to replace the 8" speaker or at $300 cdn do I just buy a new one
Run a sine wav and see if it's blown.
If it is, just pull the speaker and google a replacement.
My guess is that it's a $40 speaker at best, so you can likely order/replace and get it back to normal.

You blew the tweeter. It happens alot with these. I just got one last week for mine (I plugged the hot end of a powered bias head into it)

It's like 75 bucks on Amazon. I got it from instrumentalparts..com for 62 with shipping. It screws on easy. It's called Alto TS315 Tweeter Replacement - HG00640

You blew the tweeter. It happens alot with these. I just got one last week for mine (I plugged the hot end of a powered bias head into it)

It's like 75 bucks on Amazon. I got it from instrumentalparts..com for 62 with shipping. It screws on easy. It's called Alto TS315 Tweeter Replacement - HG00640
I would think if he's getting "flubby bass" then it's probably not the tweeter.

Back
Top Bottom