Blending UR IRs in Cab Lab

Poparad

Power User
I have a question about trying to blend some IRs in Cab Lab. I've been using an IR I made of a Deluxe Reverb cab, but with the new Beatle cab in 16.04, I love the way they sound together in a stereo ultra res cab. However, that eats up a lot of CPU in my patch, and I was wondering if I could blend them into one single UR IR to save CPU.

I just bought Cab Lab to do it, but it tells me that I need the .IR file to load either of them. Obviously I don't have an .IR for the Beatle cab, but I also don't have one for my homemade IR. I shot it using my Axe (I didn't have Cab Lab until today), so I don't have an .IR file. Is there a way to get that?

Is there an alternative way to do this without Cab Lab? I love the way the two IRs sound together, but I don't want to lose 20% of my CPU to get it. Or am I basically SOL?

You could import a .wav file of your old shoot if that exists?
When you don't have a .wav and all you have is a .syx you could convert the .syx to .wav using jojo's converter.

You could import a .wav file of your old shoot if that exists?
When you don't have a .wav and all you have is a .syx you could convert the .syx to .wav using jojo's converter.

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that...

I was able to get a hold of a Royer 121, so I'm going to try and reshoot my cab tomorrow with more positions and mics than I did the first time, because why not.

Back
Top Bottom