Blend over between two amps with Volume pedal

Maybe, or probably you are right. I thought if the scene controllers can make it, than it would not be a problem for the x,y. An already saved preset could keep that info what You are referred to? I'm not a programmer, don't know nothing about it, just thinking. :)

they can take that feature away, no problem.
:D:D:D:p:p:p:D:p:D:p:p:p:D;);):):););););):p:p:D:D:p:p;):):)

Edit - adding emoji to make it clear this is a joke.

It’s a joke because someone says a feature sucks, so I jokingly said that the feature can be removed (because it sucks). But the reality is that many people really like that feature. So it’s a joke because if it was removed, many people would not like that, so it will probably never happen.
So, you're saying that there's a chance that it could get removed? ;)

Maybe, or probably you are right. I thought if the scene controllers can make it, than it would not be a problem for the x,y. An already saved preset could keep that info what You are referred to? I'm not a programmer, don't know nothing about it, just thinking. :)
Scene controllers are a different thing. They tell the box to modify a specific parameter. But X/Y says to load an entirely new set of parameters. To do what you propose, the Axe would have to look at both sets of parameters to figure out which ones changed, and that takes time — more time than people want to spend waiting for an X/Y change.

the Axe would have to look at both sets of parameters to figure out which ones changed, and that takes time — more time than people want to spend waiting for an X/Y change.

I don't think we have any information to guess about that. Even if this parameter check took time, what if the Axe could do that & save the answer when storing a preset?

I don't think we have any information to guess about that. Even if this parameter check took time, what if the Axe could do that & save the answer when storing a preset?
Perhaps. But we know that the blocks are instantiated at startup, and parameters change on the fly. We know that, when a block undergoes an X/Y change, the output must be muted while the parameters are changed and the audio is flushed and propagated through the changed block. We know that the audio must be completely processed through the entire changed block, even if only one thing was changed, and that the mute window must be at least 30 ms or so to prevent a resulting transient.

It's reasonable to expect that an algorithm that woiuld analyze the changes and predict the amount of propagation time required by those changes would be complex and time-consuming, and involve a time hit somewhere. Even if that hit could be absorbed at save time, you'd still require additional performance-time processing to retrieve and use that information.

That said, you're right. We don't know all the details about how that is done. But we always have enough information to guess. :)

I had a wish in the Wish List thread a while back where I purposed adding a second 'Basic' and (hopefully) a second 'GEQ' page to the Amp block. Effectively making each amp model into a 'pseudo' 2 channel amp. All of the other pages would remain unchanged, same pre-amp settings, power-amp settings, etc.... Cliff confirmed that switching between channels 1 and 2, or A and B? would be extremely fast, as there would be a lot less data to deal with. You would also still have the 'X/Y' feature for when you needed a completely different (2-channel) model. But is most cases you could just switch between channel 1 and 2 'Basic and GEQ' pages of the same amp model.

I exclusively use scenes, so it would be super easy to implement. But the implementation of 'IA' foot-switching would be challenging? Especially for the Axe-Fx II...........Amp 1/2, Amp 1 X/Y, Amp 2 X/Y, Amp 1 Ch1/Ch2, Amp 2 Ch1/Ch2 ........ Tap dancing??

Wow see, now we may get somewhere with improving the XY switching just by talking about it and exchanging ideas and useful information! When I originally made that comment about it sucking, i still stress how incredibly magical this black box is! Could it go from mega awesome to "should be illegal awesomeness"? Lol. FAS is already pushing the envelope in a massive way in this industry, so why stop now? Let's improve XY lol

The way you did that is correct. Just tweak around with the mid value of both modifier curves to get it smoothless.

I'd use an XP and morph between two sets of settings
the beauty of using an XP over an XS is that you can move it heel to toe or toe to heel real quick if you need to..
or under other circumstances move more slowly.. or stop half way..
this means you have control over the transition in real time..
can offer more creative options

What clarky said. I have been doing it the retard way I guess by using two amp blocks and volume and gain for each block. The heel toe thing. However the mixer looks like a good idea to me. Whatever gets the job done.

Back
Top Bottom