Blend over between two amps with Volume pedal

jovangosen

Hi, I remember a rig in the "older and forgotten days" with Boss...;-)

There I could change between two amps/settings just with the foot pedal (like volume), for example between clean and Solo.
I´ve tried it with the FX II on this way:
Two parallel shunts/strengths with 1st: ampgain A , delay, reverb and 2nd ampgain B, delay, reverb
on both I´ve set a Volume at the first pos.: A ( 0 - 100) and B (100 - 0).

Any way known to make it more practicable? With X/Y or scenes?

Thks for reply.

stepless? not sure what you mean by that. you could probably halve the number of blocks by using x/y on the amps, delays and reverbs

stepless? not sure what you mean by that. you could probably halve the number of blocks by using x/y on the amps, delays and reverbs

Personally I'd rather have two separate amp blocks and switch between them, then use a single amp block with x/y. There's always this volume drop that you get when x/y switching between amps.

XY switching in amps sucks!
they can take that feature away, no problem.
:D:D:D:p:p:p:D:p:D:p:p:p:D;);):):););););):p:p:D:D:p:p;):):)

Edit - adding emoji to make it clear this is a joke.

It’s a joke because someone says a feature sucks, so I jokingly said that the feature can be removed (because it sucks). But the reality is that many people really like that feature. So it’s a joke because if it was removed, many people would not like that, so it will probably never happen.

Last edited:
If you want continuous blending, X/Y won't do it, because that involves hard switching.

You could do it with scenes by using Scene Controlers with some damping. Then you could stomp a switch, and have a fixed but fairly quick change of the blend. If you want complete control over the blend in a live situation, the way you described is a good one (if I read your post correctly).

Another way is to attach the parameters you want to change to a footswitch.

A few years ago, @clarky did an excellent thread on morphing between two radically different tones.

I found a solution. Here's a video which shows how I set things up and the thing in action:

It's a pretty cool trick. I'm not sure how to use it yet or what I'd use it for, but hey! It's there.

Hope it helps.

A moderator claims "they" might take a feature away because of a forum poster.
What's going on here? That is a VERY bad look.
Not sure how you read that into it. @chris was just saying that he doesn't see a use for the feature.

But x,y switching could be better, expecially when i use the same amp block with a little more drive and treble for example, should not load the whole amp block again and again. Your take... ;)

But x,y switching could be better, expecially when i use the same amp block with a little more drive and treble for example, should not load the whole amp block again and again. Your take... ;)
But that would require the Axe-Fx to analyze what changes were made so it would know what parameters to reload. That analysis would take longer than just reloading the whole parameter set.

Back
Top Bottom